Re: [apologetics and theology] Re: Update on Controversy Over Blood & DNA Found in Dinosaur Bones

  • geoff Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2013
      From the point of view of the creationists, (I count myself among them), the long jeopardy of humans in the early days of the bible, would be due to the fact that the blood lines would have been pure and unsullied by the blood diseases of today, resulting in the varied myriads diseases and genetic mix we now pass on to our kids. Nor would their blood have been full of the many drugs that cause many of today’s disorders and conditions passed from generation to generation, that result in many of the genetic accidents we now have in our bodies. The air they breathed would have been unpolluted by the chemicals, carbon monoxides and many other pollutants that modern man creates and breathe, resulting in several respiratory diseases we all fight. Even the food they collected and cooked for eating would have been easier to digest and utilise in and by the human body.

      Yours in Christ,

      Geoff

      From: twotweny
      Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 6:43 PM
      To: apologetics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [apologetics and theology] Re: Update on Controversy Over Blood & DNA Found in Dinosaur Bones

      How Hillarious!

      Why:
      1) Last month I listend to the book "Tyrannosaurus Cayon" on CD. While the explorers did not find DNA, it was a fictional book about finding a nearly intect T-rex in New Mexico.

      2) I saw Jurrasic Park in 3D IMax about a month ago. Save your money -- watch it on cable.

      But back to the point. About 6 or 7 years ago I listened to a D.James Kenney radio show where he had an guest whose speciality was old bones and fossils. He was on for two shows talking about how bone grouth, rickets, malnutrition have accounted for most of the scientific "evidence" for the "original humans," the "neanderthal/cave" man skeletons that (in quotes because of the high enought of debate among scientists on this).

      According to this guy, teeth and certain bones in humans can grow indefinitely. And if one is to the believe the Genesis account of people living hundreds of years at a time, this "extreme" bone growth would account for the different form these cave humans had. Also, that some bone diseases were documented to make modern human bone appear exactly like the ones many scientists claim came from "pre humuans." So, these weren't a different subset or progenitor to humans, they were just really old humans, of which some had bone diseases.

      Did any of you hear this show? Because I can not remember this guy's name, or the dates of the show, just that it was one the radio show D. James Kennedy (Truths That Transform?) used to do before he died. I wanted to get the podcast of the broadcast, but could never get the right dates.
      But I believe it was around Mid August 2006.

      --- In mailto:apologetics%40yahoogroups.com, B1E1Nugent@... wrote:

> [...]
      > starting point, that the earth's magnetic field would have been as strong as
      > that of a magnetic star. The high heat of such a strong magnetic field would
      > have made life impossible. The magnetic field caps earth's age at about
      > 10,000 years or less.
      >
      > The age of earth of less than 10,000 years is fatal to Darwinism which
      > requires millions of years for life to evolve. Unfortunately, the concept of
      > young earth is so far outside the mainstream of modern thought that even to
      > talk about young earth will sometimes alienate your listeners. As the
      > mounting evidence for young earth piles up I'm confident that eventually the
      > persistent mindset of old earth uniformitarianism will be reversed both in
      > academia and among operational geologists.
      >
      > The upshot is that the earth itself is evidence of the actions of the
      > Creator. We must honor the Creator and be prepared to meet Him in the
      > afterlife. The Bible declares that Jesus of Nazareth is the promised Messiah of
      > Israel. The fact that Jesus is Messiah is backed up by His fulfillment of over
      > 300 Old Testament prophecies and by other supernatural, miraculous signs.
      > Jesus died for our sins, taking upon Himself the penalty we deserved for
      > our sins. Forgiveness is found only through Christ. Call upon Jesus today to
      > receive forgiveness of sins.
      >

      > Steps to salvation:
      > Jesus said "Ye must be born again." (John 3:7)
      > 1) Believe that God created you and loves you and sent the Messiah
      > (Messiah is Hebrew for Christ) to redeem you.
      > 2) Believe that Jesus the Messiah came in fulfillment of over 300 Bible
      > prophecies to die for you and take upon Himself the penalty of your sins.
      > (Isaiah 53:5-6, John 6:29, Romans 4:5, First Peter 3:18)
      > 3) Turn from sin and call on the name of Jesus to receive forgiveness.
      > (Romans 10:13)
      > 4) Receive Jesus as Savior and experience the new birth. (John 1:12, Acts
      > 2:38)
      > 5) Follow Him as Lord. (John 14:21)
      >

      > Prayer to receive salvation:
      > "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans
      > 10:13)
      > To receive the salvation that Jesus purchased for you at the terrible cost
      > of His suffering and death on your behalf I invite you to pray this simple
      > prayer: "Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for sending Jesus, the promised
      > Messiah, to die for my sins. I admit that I am a sinner. I repent of my
      > sins and I ask for your forgiveness on the basis of the death and
      > resurrection of Jesus Christ. I ask you to fill me with your Holy Spirit to empower me
      > to serve you under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, Amen."
      >

      > If you prayed that prayer in the humble sincerity of your heart then you
      > have received everlasting life, which includes power to live right in this
      > life and entrance into heaven in the afterlife!
      >
      > (C) 2013 William P. Nugent, permission granted to email or republish if

    • Alice Robertson
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2013
        Teeth can grow indefinitely? That would make us like hamsters?:) I know
        hair grows after death, but it's dead protein so that makes sense, but that
        really surprised me about the teeth? I guess I thought we were born with
        some sort of teeth pockets formed (but then again when women get their
        ovaries removed sometimes a baby tooth is found in them, so teeth do form
        on a baby while in the womb).

        I thought James Kennedy and Vision Forum were vested in a dinosaur dig, but
        then James Kennedy took a stroke and I lost track of the story (there was a
        big issue over who had the rights before Vision Forum came on the scene,
        but somedays I am clueless about what is true on blogs).

        It's an interesting thread. I wish more people were involved. God bless,
        Alice

      • twotweny
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2013
          Hamsters have ever growing bones, too, really? Maybe it's a mammalian attribute...
          I agree -- I wish there were more responses. You never know what you might find here. I heard about the dino DNA on another christian talk show within the last 2 years, so I was hoping to get more info.
          The same show (the bob dutkow show) also talked about a museum where there were fossilized cowboy hats and teddy bears to show that fossilization does not necessarily have to occur over millions of years.

          But I will check out Vision Forum. Never knew he was involved with an archaology dig. But I also didn't find out til near the end of his life that he was one of the founders of Youth Explosion either, so can't say I'm surprised.

          Thanks Alice.