Re: [apologetics and theology] Christians do not sin

  • Jozinky
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 30, 2013
      Hello;

      On 1/30/2013 8:10 AM, Frens wrote:

      > James wrote: Wha..? How does the fact that all have sinned mean that
      > there are no
      > Christians in the world? Scripture alone shows plenty of Christians.
      > Frens: James you wrote in your earlier posting nobody after becoming a
      > Christian will sin.

      I didn't it quite that way. I said that when God saves a person he stops
      sinning. By that is meant he stops living in sin; practicing sin as an
      on going life style.
      Sin for a Christian is no longer the norm; it's the exception. His life
      is marked by a general absence of sin. He walks in Newness of life which
      is a life free from sin Romans 6. But that does not mean he cannot fall
      into sin from time to time. When he does he repents, gets back up &
      keeps on walking in holiness. One cannot walk in holiness while he is
      sinning at the same time because to be holy is to be separate from sin.

      > They are perfect.

      Correct... meaning they do not sin. 1John 3:1-10.

      > And one of the example was Zacharia.

      Along with Abia his wife... not to mention Job, Noah, David etc.. etc..

      > But soon after God calling him perfect he sinned.

      Correct. And he repented and stopped sinning.

      > He mistrusted Gods word and God made him dumb for a while.

      Correct and when he repented God made him "smart" again.

      > So bro James even Christians will sin because he lives in this fallen
      > world.

      Correct. And when a Christian sins he repents and stops sinning.

      > But God just ignore the sin of a Christian because it is washed away
      > by the blood of Christ.

      Oh no... God does not "ignore" anyone's sin. When David sinned God
      chastened him by killing the illegitimate child and bringing temporal
      judgment on David's house. See 2 Sam 12:7 - 12.

      > ( Zacharia sinned before the crusification of Christ). In that way a
      > christian is perfect in the eyes of God.

      All Christians are perfect because they all walk in His law and keep His
      commandments. That's what it means to be perfect. He who says He knows
      Him but does not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in
      him. 1John 2:4.

      Regards;
      James

      > Sent from my iPhone