Re: [apologetics and theology] Christians do not sin

  • nooge5676
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 28, 2013
      James,

      You've capitulated to my main point against sinless perfection several
      times. Your statement below reveals further capitulation on your part. The
      Bible uses the word "perfect." in 2 different ways as revealed in Philippians
      3: 12 and 3:15. I think now you're sawing sawdust and you should end the
      discussion.

      Bill

      In a message dated 1/28/2013 11:24:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      jozinky@... writes:

      And did you read my paper on 1John 3:9 that explains how a Christian can
      and does stop sinning while he yet does commit sin?

    • Jozinky
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 30, 2013
        Hello;

        On 1/30/2013 8:10 AM, Frens wrote:

        > James wrote: Wha..? How does the fact that all have sinned mean that
        > there are no
        > Christians in the world? Scripture alone shows plenty of Christians.
        > Frens: James you wrote in your earlier posting nobody after becoming a
        > Christian will sin.

        I didn't it quite that way. I said that when God saves a person he stops
        sinning. By that is meant he stops living in sin; practicing sin as an
        on going life style.
        Sin for a Christian is no longer the norm; it's the exception. His life
        is marked by a general absence of sin. He walks in Newness of life which
        is a life free from sin Romans 6. But that does not mean he cannot fall
        into sin from time to time. When he does he repents, gets back up &
        keeps on walking in holiness. One cannot walk in holiness while he is
        sinning at the same time because to be holy is to be separate from sin.

        > They are perfect.

        Correct... meaning they do not sin. 1John 3:1-10.

        > And one of the example was Zacharia.

        Along with Abia his wife... not to mention Job, Noah, David etc.. etc..

        > But soon after God calling him perfect he sinned.

        Correct. And he repented and stopped sinning.

        > He mistrusted Gods word and God made him dumb for a while.

        Correct and when he repented God made him "smart" again.

        > So bro James even Christians will sin because he lives in this fallen
        > world.

        Correct. And when a Christian sins he repents and stops sinning.

        > But God just ignore the sin of a Christian because it is washed away
        > by the blood of Christ.

        Oh no... God does not "ignore" anyone's sin. When David sinned God
        chastened him by killing the illegitimate child and bringing temporal
        judgment on David's house. See 2 Sam 12:7 - 12.

        > ( Zacharia sinned before the crusification of Christ). In that way a
        > christian is perfect in the eyes of God.

        All Christians are perfect because they all walk in His law and keep His
        commandments. That's what it means to be perfect. He who says He knows
        Him but does not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in
        him. 1John 2:4.

        Regards;
        James