Ghosts, Demons & the Witness of the Opposition

  • B1E1Nugent@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2012
      Hi Guys & Gals,

      The very fact that there are haunted houses, poltergeist activity and
      other paranormal phenomena is proof that there is a spirit world. The abundance
      of evidence proving the existence of the spirit world undermines the
      official public school teaching that human beings evolved from animals and the
      material world is all that exists. In the opening lines of the popular
      "Cosmos" television series, Carl Sagan said "The cosmos [material universe] is
      all there is, all there was, and all there ever will be." The paranormal
      proves him wrong.

      Of course, I don't think that the activity of ghosts and demons is a good
      thing in itself. Nevertheless, I think it is extremely significant that the
      paranormal activity of ghosts so dramatically contradicts materialistic
      evolutionary dogma.

      Atheistic materialism has become the implicit meta-narrative of postmodern
      America. Atheism is supported by tax dollars because tax funded schools
      teach children that their ancestry is from apes and their destiny is
      permanent loss of consciousness at death. Now people are faced with evidence of the
      existence of the spirit world and the realization that perhaps
      consciousness does continue after death and that we enter the spirit world after
      death. People are taking a fresh look at religion. The religion with the best
      miracles and the most fulfilled prophecies is Christianity.

      There have been many investigations into haunted houses and even pictures
      taken of phenomena. The term "ghost" is a general term synonymous with
      "spirit" but in today's usage usually refers to a familiar spirit who inhabits
      a haunted house. Ghosts that inhabit haunted houses are really familiar
      spirits. Familiar spirits are demons who know or become familiar with a person
      and after the person's death, the familiar spirit will frequent the house
      in which the person lived. Demons are evil spirits according to the Bible.
      Demons are fallen angels.

      The evidence that proves the existence of evil spirits can be considered
      to be a kind of "witness of the opposition." Let me explain. Imagine a court
      case in which a man is accused of murder. The prosecution calls up its
      star witness who testifies against the man and details all kinds of
      circumstantial evidence that serves to prove that the man is guilty of murder.

      But then the star witness makes a startling statement in which he admits
      that he actually saw the defendant a mile away from the murder scene at the
      time that the murder took place. The fact that an accusing witness would
      make such a statement has a lot more force that if a witness for the defense
      made such a statement. This is what's called "witness of the opposition" and
      it carries enormous weight in any trial. The man on trial for murder would
      likely be acquitted.

      The fact that demons reveal their activity in our own day is how demons
      unintentionally confirm the Bible's teaching about the spirit world. The
      Bible contains many passages about the spirit world and there are many Bible
      passages that discuss the existence and activity of demons. The witness of
      the opposition serves to prove the truth of the Bible on this point.

      If ever that you want proof that demons exist I suggest you buy a good
      scholarly book about the nazi holocaust. The nazis murdered Jews and others
      with an almost superhuman degree of brutality. Holocaust scholars admit that
      Hitler and the nazi high command were not merely nominal Christians with an
      anti-Semitic attitude. They were, in fact, occultists and this is well
      documented. Occult religions and secret societies were widespread in Germany
      and throughout much of Europe at the time.

      There are many other examples of evidence for the existence of demons.
      I've been told that a US spy agency that operates in Haiti has told its agents
      to be careful not to have a hex or curse put on them by occultists. Such
      curses are real. Curses allow demons access to the person under the curse.
      The cursed person can be afflicted with disease or other trauma by the
      activity of evil spirits.

      Many of the new cable TV shows about the paranormal such as "Paranormal
      State" and "Celebrity Ghost Stories" and others offer much documented
      eyewitness testimony of happenings that cannot be explained by natural causes. I
      certainly don't recommend that you watch those kinds of TV shows but I
      simply point out that the shows offer proof of the existence of the spirit world.

      Many years ago when I was a teenager I heard stories of hauntings and
      other paranormal phenomena. I had a strong tendency toward atheistic
      materialism at the time because I had paid attention in school and believed the
      Darwinian materialistic evolution that I was taught in science class. However, I
      came to realize that if demons exist and they affect people's lives in a
      negative way, then perhaps there are also good spirits out there such as
      angels. I began to entertain the thought that God Himself exists. I eventually
      rejected atheistic materialism and came to faith in Christ years later
      when I was 20 years old. The witness of the opposition was actually one of the
      things that God used to draw me to Christ.

      I want to assure you that if you trust in Christ you should not fear
      demons. Christ is far greater than all of the power of Satan and demons. The
      Gospels are full of examples of Jesus casting demons out of people. Born again
      followers of Christ also have authority over demons. The Bible says in
      James 4:7 "Resist the devil and he will flee from you." A Bible passage in
      Acts 16:16-18 gives a clear example of a Christian casting a demon out of a
      person by commanding it to come out in the name of Jesus.

      The spirit world is a world of real dimensions and can be called a
      parallel universe. Just because it is usually invisible does not make it any less
      real. Be assured that God created the spirit world and God is master of it.

      Jesus Christ came in fulfillment of over 300 predictive messianic
      prophecies written in the Old Testament hundreds of years before His birth. Several
      of those prophecies predicted that Christ would suffer and die, taking
      upon Himself the punishment of our sins. Jesus paid the penalty for our sins
      so now we can receive forgiveness if we turn to Him in faith. I urge you to
      pray today to receive Christ as Savior and to follow Him as Lord!

      Steps to salvation:
      Jesus said "Ye must be born again." (John 3:7)
      1) Believe that God created you and loves you and sent the Messiah
      (Messiah is Hebrew for Christ) to redeem you.
      2) Believe that Jesus the Messiah came in fulfillment of over 300 Bible
      prophecies to die for you and take upon Himself the penalty of your sins.
      (Isaiah 53:5-6, John 6:29, Romans 4:5, First Peter 3:18)
      3) Turn from sin and call on the name of Jesus to receive forgiveness.
      (Romans 10:13)
      4) Receive Jesus as Savior and experience the new birth. (John 1:12, Acts
      2:38)
      5) Follow Him as Lord. (John 14:21)

      Prayer to receive salvation:
      "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans
      10:13)
      To receive the salvation that Jesus purchased for you at the terrible cost
      of His suffering and death on your behalf I invite you to pray this simple
      prayer: "Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for sending Jesus, the promised
      Messiah, to die for my sins. I admit that I am a sinner. I repent of my
      sins and I ask for your forgiveness on the basis of the death and
      resurrection of Jesus Christ. I ask you to fill me with your Holy Spirit to empower me
      to serve you under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, Amen."

      If you prayed that prayer in the humble sincerity of your heart then you
      have received everlasting life, which includes power to live right in this
      life and entrance into heaven in the afterlife!

      Bill Nugent, Overcomer Ministries