Another New year.

  • geoff Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
      Hello All,

      Well now, 2011 has been and gone into history. It was a mixed year on a personal and an international level. I'm sure that it is true for all members of our list?

      Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani has been sentenced to a further twelve months imprisonment, rather than being sentenced to death, which was likely to be the original outcome. Our Lord has heard prayers from those who cared enough about his plight, to pray about it and the work of CSW who worked so hard on his behalf, organising letters and a campaign to have Pastor Yousef freed from the injustices of the Iranian regime. He not only heard those prayers but, answered them, in accordance with His will.

      The Middle East didn't blow up in the world's face, and we are still here, which means that our Lord hasn't yet come back to call us out of the world so that He can judge the world for its evil ways and deeds. On one hand, I'd like to go home, but on the other hand, I hope to be able to do more work on the Lord's behalf, attempting to give the Holy Spirit the power to move in other people's lives. I believe Paul also faced this dilemma, Phil. 1:21-24; (NASB)
      21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
      22 But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose.
      23 But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better;
      24 yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.

      I feel sure that many of you live in terbulent places, where the values of life are far from certain, and yet you have Christ always at your side and living in you. Don't lose heart and feel that you are on your own. The Lord God Almighty is with you, and if you let us know of your problems and even the terrors you face, let all on the list know about it, so that we can pray for you and with you, that the Holy Spirit will move in your life and give you the strength to cope with the world's evil deeds and philosophies.

      It was clear from some of the questions and arguements on the list, that some of you are unclear about the Theology of the bible. Whilst it may be obvious to some of you, to those who it hasn't or doesn't necessarily occur to, I urge you to read a passage of the bible daily, and put aside a 'quiet time', to think about what you have read and pray about it. If we dilligently seek His will, He will reveal His purpose to us.

      If any of you have difficulty in getting a New Testament in your prefered language, email me, and I'll get a copy for you, and send it to you without charge, providing you also send me your postal address. You can contact me on:

      gc.smith@...

      I wish you all a prosperous and safe 2012 and pray that you will be blessed by our Lord jesus Christ, to the furtherance of His Kingdom. Amen.

      Geoff

    • Ron Parks
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
        Thank you, dear brother, for these words from your heart.

        Praise to Our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ,

        Ron - Western North Carolina (USA)

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
          Hello Ron,

          You're up and about early, Aren't you? I thought you'd be about five hours behind the UK. I'm obviously wrong?

          May our Lord bless you richly for 2012, realistically realising every hope and meet your every need.

          Yours in Christ,

          Geoff

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2012
            Lets not forget, the Messiahs coming is in accordance with the Moed'im/Feasts of Lev 23, and the scriptural New Year YAH gave to Moshe and is witnessed throughout Genesis is 1st day of the 1st month, where the first 3 Feasts of Pesach/Passover, Unleavened Bread and the Wave Sheaf offering of "First Fruits" takes place.