Ex-Jehovah's Witness Tom McGovern: "Iron Sharpens Iron" (9-2-09)

  • carnzen@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2009
      Listen to this LIVE call-in radio/Internet broadcast WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2nd, 3-4PM Eastern on WNYG-1440AM in New York & Connecticut or listen WORLDWIDE via live-streaming at www.sharpens.org or www.wnygspiritofny.com
      CALL IN WITH YOUR OWN QUESTIONS:
      (631)321-WNYG (9694)
      Thomas McGovern, founder of Dispel the Darkness Ministries (see www.DispelTheDarkness.org), will address his "Testimony of a Former Jehovah's Witness".
      In Tom's own words:
      "As I write, I am moved to great humility and gratitude before God, because He has delivered me from bondage to a cult. I spent nearly thirty years as a member of Jehovah�s Witnesses (JW). I was a follower of men and I have to confess that it was my own immaturity and lack of biblical discernment that allowed me to be deceived. I had, prior to my involvement with the Witnesses, placed faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. But I was young and stupid, and worse, I was not diligent in the Word. So, when the Witnesses came along, the things they said seemed very reasonable and I accepted their teachings and practices as � what seemed to me at the time � the correct way to spend my life in service to God...
      "...Thinking back to that day at 13 years old or so when I gave my life to Jesus, I realize that He has been with me ever since. JW�s in general don�t have the relationship with Jesus that I always felt. I always knew that He was central � in the minds of most JW�s, he�s a minor character. But He was always there with me, by my side. I always felt His love, and I know He is the one who brought me to where I am now... (Read complete testimony here: http://www.dispelthedarkness.org/index.php?p=1_8_Testimony).