"Quiet Time" by Joseph Y. Lee

  • josephylee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2007
      Quiet Time
      By Joseph Yosuk Lee

      If I can give some advice on how you should read
      the Bible, read the Bible for quality, not quantity.
      I am saddened that many believers like Witness Lee
      and Cho Yong-Gi have a poor understanding of some
      passages in the Scriptures. I believe that Witness
      Lee and Cho Yong-Gi do not have good quality time.
      Also, other believers do not have the faintest clue
      what the Bible says. In fact, some believers have
      fall-asleep time (FAT). When you read the Bible,
      try to pay close attention to what it says. But
      most of all, it should point to Jesus Christ. The
      Bible is not about the Jewish race having a special
      plan. It is not a book of rules on how you should
      live a perfect life. The Bible is about Jesus Christ.
      I am not saying that you should live a lousy Christian
      life and party. I am saying that Christ should be the
      center of your life such that you let Christ live the
      perfect life for you. If you do not have the correct
      paradigm in doing your quality time, you will miss the
      whole point while you read the Bible.

      1. THE PORTION GIVEN TO US BY GOD
      1 Corinthians 1:2
      To the church of God which is in Corinth, to those
      who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, the called
      saints, with all those who call upon the name of our
      Lord Jesus Christ in every place, who is theirs and
      ours:

      2. THE POWER OF GOD
      1 Corinthians 1:24
      But to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks,
      Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

      3. THE WISDOM OF GOD
      1 Corinthians 1:24
      But to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks,
      Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

      4. RIGHTEOUSNESS
      1 Corinthians 1:30
      But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom
      to us from God: both righteousness and sanctification
      and redemption,

      5. SANCTIFICATION
      1 Corinthians 1:30
      But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom
      to us from God: both righteousness and sanctification
      and redemption,

      6. REDEMPTION
      1 Corinthians 1:30
      But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom
      to us from God: both righteousness and sanctification
      and redemption,

      7. THE LORD OF GLORY FOR OUR GLORIFICATION
      1 Corinthians 2:7
      But we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the wisdom
      which has been hidden, which God predestined before
      the ages for our glory,

      8. THE DEPTHS (DEEP THINGS) OF GOD
      1 Corinthians 2:10
      But to us God has revealed them through the Spirit, for
      the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.

      9. THE UNIQUE FOUNDATION OF GODė­† BUILDING
      1 Corinthians 3:11
      For another foundation no one is able to lay besides that
      which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

      10. THE PASSOVER
      1 Corinthians 5:7
      Purge out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, even
      as you are unleavened; for our Passover, Christ, also has
      been sacrificed.

      11. THE UNLEAVENED BREAD
      1 Corinthians 5:8
      So then let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither
      with the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened
      bread of sincerity and truth.

      12. SPIRITUAL FOOD
      1 Corinthians 10:3
      And all ate the same spiritual food,

      13. SPIRITUAL DRINK
      1 Corinthians 10:4
      And all drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank of a
      spiritual rock which followed them, and the rock was Christ.

      14. THE SPIRITUAL ROCK
      1 Corinthians 10:4
      And all drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank of a
      spiritual rock which followed them, and the rock was Christ.

      15. THE HEAD
      1 Corinthians 11:3
      But I want you to know that Christ is the head of every man,
      and the man is the head of the woman, and God is the head of
      Christ.

      16. THE BODY
      1 Corinthians 12:12
      For even as the body is one and has many members, yet all the
      members of the body, being many, are one body, so also is the
      Christ.

      17. THE FIRST FRUITS
      1 Corinthians 15:20
      But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits
      of those who have fallen asleep.

      18. THE SECOND MAN
      1 Corinthians 15:47
      The first man is out of the earth, earthy; the second man is out
      of heaven.

      19. THE LAST ADAM
      1 Corinthians 15:45
      So also it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul";
      the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

      20. THE LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT
      1 Corinthians 15:45
      So also it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul";
      the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

      Copyright - CHEMISTRY (CHristian E-mail MIniSTRY)
      E-mail: _JosephYLee@..._ (mailto:JosephYLee@...)
      Website - _http://www.josephylee.org_ (http://www.josephylee.org)