Re: [apologetics and theology] 11 Questions on Calvinism & the Calvinist's Worldview

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 133 , Mar 1, 2007
      --- In apologetics@yahoogroups.com, "william_elkins2000"
      <william_elkins2000@...> wrote:

      > Mark,
      > YASHUA TALMUD what about your otherr Hermsnuetic why do you not
      > want to tslk about that?
      > Eternal Security. You have given up on.

      *** Stick to that which you know for a fact and can prove. Making
      allegations about another, in this case me, based on less that all
      of the facts only serves to embarass yourself.

      now Calvin you still have
      > the same arguement. I don't dislike you Mark, but your mind is
      about
      > as closed as nobody I have ever read,

      *** Prove me wrong is all I ask. From the arrogance I have seen here
      it shouldn't be too hard. Show me something from history prior to
      the 4th century in which someone taught anything even close to
      Calvinism. The problem remains that you can't outside of the pagan
      Greek concept of Fate. That should bother you and the Calvinists but
      it doesn't seem to that I have ever seen. Hate me all you and the
      rest want, I really don't care either way, but this fact stands.

      Mark
    • yusefii
      Message 133 of 133 , Mar 10, 2007
        It's official now. Mark Penn is a troll.

        -Kwame

        --- In apologetics@yahoogroups.com, Mark Penn
        <yeshuahameshiach15065@...> wrote:

        > --- In apologetics@ yahoogroups. com, "Mark"
        > <yeshuahameshiach15 065@> wrote:
        > > *** What did Jesus say on the issue?
        > >
        > > " And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
        world,
        > > and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds
        were
        > > evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither
        > > cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he
        that
        > > doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made
        > > manifest, that they are wrought in God. (John 3) "
        > >

        > > ...I see that folks refuse to come to him, they wouldn't not that
        > > they couldn't, because they enjoy their evil deeds. I see this
        time
        > > and again today as folks such as fornicators and homosexuals look
        > > for churches that allow them to do and live as they see fit
        > > unchallenged. That type of teaching is at the very core of
        > Warrenism
        > > and Olsteenism. They refuse to repent because they enjoy their
        sin
        > > more than the Lord and his word.
        > >
        > They refuse because They are sinful and God has not opened their
        > hearts. Quite simple to understand really. Warren and Osteen are
        > Pelagian in doctrine...Do not equate them with Reform Doctrine. ANd
        > above all, despite the accusation of Arminianists, Calvinists do
        not
        > believe in Licence to sin. Some Arminianists do.
        >

        > *** That is not what Jesus said in John 3. He clearly said that
        they refuse to come to him because they enjoy their evil deeds more
        than himself.

        > Still nothing to say to the fact that nothing in all of Christian
        historical writings that survive to this day is anything close to
        Calvinism outside of the pagan Greek concept of Fate? That is the
        dark and dirty secret of Calvinism. No one in any Christian community
        believed in anything close to it for the first 400 years or so of the
        faith. That should bother you but sadly it doesn't.