Re: [apologetics and theology] Re: Obedience is Better than Sacrifice/Shaun

  • Shaun Green
    Message 1 of 57 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hi All,

      sophia_marie2 wrote:
      > What's enough? I think that depends on the individual, but everyone
      > needs a shelter and food, and not even shelter in some places like
      > here. That 's pretty much it.

      While common sense has its merits, this is an Apologetics Forum. Please
      correct me if I am wrong: Your definition lacks a Biblical foundation.

      Is Godliness with contentment not "enough"? "Enough" would indeed be a
      blessing, but the Word says such blessing results from obedience.

      You seem strangely eager to criticise those who do not have what you
      regard as "enough". These same people may very well be practising
      Godliness with contentment.

      As Christians, we can only demonstrate lives of blessing on obedience.
      This would reform society, which would bring blessing.

      What Jesus said about "shelter and food":

      "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added
      unto you".

      God is faithful to bless our obedience.

      Concentrating on the blessing is repeatedly warned against (see
      Deuteronomy and Timothy).

      Let's not get the cart before the horse. Obedience precedes blessing.

      Kind regards
      Shaun Green

      believed to be clean.

      believed to be clean.
    • sophia_marie2
      Message 57 of 57 , Jun 1, 2006
        Of course you NEED God, but that has nothing to so with how we run
        our government, since accepting Christ is a CHOICE , not a law.
        We're talking about what responsibility government should have to
        provide for people. In that context alone I was talking about food
        and shelter.
        I think it is also a Christian responsibility to "feed the poor" in
        some way, but I just think that should in no way be the governments
        responsibility. But, in order to do what the Bible says we need to
        define what " feed the poor" includes, in any practical sense.

        Now am I making sense?

        Sophia