[apologetics and theology] Re: Once saved always saved

  • william_elkins2000
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
      well timothy "its" name is Paul and maybe he wasn't a rationalst a
      you but maybe you are not inspired by God either. And why oln earth
      are you contrasting scripture to make a valid judgement on who is
      right? its like me asking John who was right? Matthew or Mark? and
      what on earth does this have to do with Eternal security? its a
      secondary issue. You may sit next to me on your way to paradise but
      You may wonder maybe it's just me but I am not the rationalist then
      either. Where did this fanatism come from? OSAS?

      Will
      --- In apologetics@yahoogroups.com, timothy turner <all4christ99@...>
      wrote:>

      > maaybe it's just me, but i don't believe in Bible
      > "interpretation". I Corinthians 2 says the Holy Spirit
      > isthe way bto the teacher. Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the Lord
      > with all your might--and lean not on your own
      > understanding-- in all your ways acknowledge Him and
      > He shall direct your paths.

      >>>Proverbs 3:5-6 is not bible interpreted? can you state that so my
      blind eye can read it?
      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • timothy turner
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 6, 2006
        fanatsism???? the Bible plainly states that we cannot
        understand it without th Holy Spirit-- He is the key.
        I was simply responding to someone mentioning
        interpreting the Bible. i do believe eternal security
        is a crucial issue. Ephesians 1, Romans 8-9 and John
        10:27-30 all teach that Jesus will not let us go--
        which includes letting us walk away on our own. He
        will not let us be tempted beyond that which we cannot
        bear.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • william_elkins2000
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 7, 2006
          i think fanatiscism sums it up. how about anyone else? Timothy it is a
          secondary issue, we can agree to dissagree about iot. I just think you
          are wrong. can I do that? but anyway I do not uise the word "saved" i
          use the word salvation see how that sound ds in OSAS or ES whatever you
          are comfortable with. the fanaticsim is that it has not been in my
          lifetime, been exposed to that doctrine as much as some. and I think
          its becomming a movement like doctrinne i used to debate a guy every
          day on it i do not understand why he i sso fruit loops over it . Irt
          has become sensationalized and its uit boring my scripture to support
          my thoughts are Heb 10, 13 John 10, and Acts 27.

          Will