Isles of the Gentiles

  • Andrea Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      I'm reading through Genesis again. I've come to chapter 10 where we see the "generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth" It seems that Gentiles (those who inhabited the Isle of the Gentiles) were a group of people who descended from Japheth. Genesis 10: 1-5

      Why is it the word Gentile is now used to describe those who are not Israelites?

      Thanks for any feedback,

      -Andrea
      "You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'"
      George Bernard Shaw