Re: The reign of Jesus

  • Rolaant McKenzie
    Message 1 of 60 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi Darren,

      I would agree that a major part of the problem is a lack of interest in the
      truth, which too often comes as a result of swallowing the traditions of men
      in place of the clear teaching of the whole counsel of God (the Bible). But
      another major part of the problem is simply pride. Too often people will not
      change their minds no matter how untenable their position is in light of
      objective facts as well as Scripture because they are too proud to admit
      they are wrong.

      Rolaant

      Message 60 of 60 , Sep 8, 2003
        And in Matthew 24:2
        The question of Jesus in this verse anticipates a "yes" answer; of
        course the disciples see the buildings! Jesus' forecast of the
        destruction of the temple complex is unambiguous, cast in OT language
        (Jer 26:6, 18; Mic 3:12) and repeated variously elsewhere (23:38; 26:61;
        Lk 23:28-31).