Answering/Refuting Hyper-Charisma

  • David Yow
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2003
      I'm a lurker, here, and really appreciate the quality of discussion and
      intellect on this list. It's for that reason I'd like to bring up something,
      if it doesn't interrupt the other conversations too badly, that I'd like to
      run past you for your consideration and get your thoughts.

      A close friend of mine has a strong faith, no stable church home (but
      usually attends with her sisters, me, or her parents), and a desire for
      Biblical truth... but also puts a fair amount of stock by "personal
      experience", and has hyper-charismatic parents that have invited her to a
      conference put on by Todd Bentley of Fresh Fire Ministries. I don't know how
      close this stuff to the Toronto Blessing Movement or not, but here's the
      program's website:
      http://www.freshfire.ca/conferences/Fremont/Conf/purpose.asp

      So, again, I'd like to know your comments, observations and thoughts about
      this sort of thing, and specifically how I might best prepare to think, act,
      and speak about this- and become better equipped to do so.

      Thanks in advance for your help!

      By His Grace,

      David

      --