Introduction

  • agnostic_turtle
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 2, 2002
      I recently overhauled my belief system, and I'm in the process of
      putting it back together again. I'm interested in hearing the
      viewpoints of this group. I'm aware that the owner expressed a
      desire to keep non-Christian posts down, so I'm not sure what the
      etiquette here is. (Feel free to tell me if this is inappropriate.)

      One of the things I'd be interested in discussing is the Intelligent
      Design Theory. This is an idea which is currently being considered
      for introduction into Ohio classrooms and supposedly competes against
      evolution. I'm fairly well-versed in evolution, and have some
      familiarity with ID, and was wondering if there's a consensus here on
      this issue. Any thoughts?

      AR
    • geoff Smith
      Message 41 of 41 , Sep 29, 2011
        Hello Gordan,

        Sorry I took so long in replying to you, but it wasn't until I saw IW's email, that I realised I'd overlooked your introduction, which I had intended to answer.

        Don't be afraid to ask questions and yes, even argue a point, particularly if you don't understand some one's answer. There are a wide variety of views on occasions, and emails can get quite heated sometimes if someone feels strongly enough. those heated moments are rare, fortunately and we all, I hope, remain friends.

        So, make your statements, ask questions and voice your doubts. We'll all try to do our best to help. Join in and become involved.

        Speaking for myself, I believe I'm a strong follower of Jesus Christ and will go so far as to say I know him better, than I know the people I mix with, but that doesn't mean I'm always right when I argue a point! <G>. No doubt others will say something similar.

        Yours in Christ,

        Geoff