On Bible Inerrancy and dishonest critics

  • Ray P Dubuque
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2000
      SetFreeInJesus@... and nikolai jump to the conclusion that because
      I recognize the obvious fallibility of the "Bible" and I worship the
      SAVIOR,
      NOT THE BOOK, NOT THE MESSENGERS ! that I "unashamedly
      spit at" and "dispise" the Bible. Is there any other intelligent and
      honest
      person reading this who can point out the dishonesty and stupidity of
      these
      charges? Or am I the only one who can do so?
      =======================
      <<// you must've forgotten son, that the info about the Saviour comes
      from the book you so unashamedly spit at. i'm sure you have no idea
      that the Saviour you claim you worship had a great respect for the
      Book you dispise..
      nikolai>>>
      <<AMEN Nikolai..... >>>
      =======================
      Ray Dubuque, author of http://www.joinhugs.org/inerrancy/

      P.S. Because my wife and I put SO MUCH FAITH in Jesus' teaching
      that when we help the least of these his brothers and sisters, it is HIM
      that we are helping, and THAT is what will determine our eternal destiny,

      we have been moved to adopt five children (after raising five of our
      own), three of these severely handicapped. How many people think
      that is evidence of despising the Bible?
    • Nikolai
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2000
        Ray Dubuque,
        wrote:
        > P.S. Because my wife and I put SO MUCH FAITH in Jesus' teaching

        // say what? teaching? what teaching? the Bible full of lies
        according to the url above. how do you know what teaching is good and
        what is false?

        you wrote:

        > that when we help the least of these his brothers and sisters, it
        is HIM
        > that we are helping, and THAT is what will determine our eternal
        destiny,

        > we have been moved to adopt five children (after raising five of
        our
        > own), three of these severely handicapped. How many people think
        > that is evidence of despising the Bible?

        // dear author of http://www.joinhugs.org/mainpage/inerrancy.html
        it escapes my understanding entirely as to why your mentioning of
        raising 10 children has got anything to do with inarrancy of the
        Bible. some sort of a clue would have certainly helped the audience
        to understand you better. i for one am quite puzzled.

        you wrote:

        [snip] nikolai jump to the conclusion that because I recognize the
        obvious fallibility of the "Bible" and I worship the SAVIOR, NOT THE
        BOOK, NOT THE MESSENGERS ! that I "unashamedly spit at" and "dispise"
        the Bible. Is there any other intelligent and honest person
        reading this who can point out the dishonesty and stupidity of these
        charges?

        // "You really know everything, don't you? And when you die, wisdom
        will die with you!"
        This is Job speaking, not me :)
        now tell me wise man, who is this Jesus you worship and where he is
        from?

        nikolai