      From: Maestrosecret <marck19692000@...>
      To: Maestro None <marck19692000@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:34 AM
      Subject: [apologetics and theology] The Paradox of Feeding The Homeless.

      During holidays the drumbeats of “feed the homeless” grow louder and louder and sometimes perish with the end of the holiday as the homeless after being fed, recede back to their homelessness. Even those whose brother or sister is homeless, talk about feeding the homeless. I was talking with a lady who told me that her brother was homeless and that she took him out for lunch twice a week. I am sure that Jesus was padding her on the back and head for the great show of kindness to the homeless brother. That was a great accomplishment for the wonderful sister. Feeding the homeless is a noble act because on the day of reckoning, only those who have kept the word of God will inherit the kingdom. The goats who disobeyed will be kept away from the sheep who obeyed (Mt 25:33-34). Albeit, it was a battle that was won and lost. In this passage (James 2:15-17), James is implying that while faith in Jesus assures the believer salvation, the faith thereof produces holy fruits (actions). That is converting the tenets into concrete actions on human beings. For example, how does that help a homeless person if we give him/her a dime and wish him/her well; meanwhile, we live in a mansion with our wife and child? How does that help them in their homelessness? Firstly, the dime will take them nowhere, and secondly, they are still going to have the grass as their bed and the sky for their roof.

      "Life is like a mysterious highway. At times we bypass those who would have made us happy on the other side of the road either because of our hyperopia or myopia" (Hamilton Ayuk).
      "Those who fight against men of God easily become painted sepulchers in history’s handbag" (Hamilton Ayuk).
      "When ugly and beauty become synonyms, then pulchritude is the master of the individual" (Hamilton Ayuk).

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic