27611Re: [apologetics and theology] "Age of accountablity"

  • yielded777
    Mar 22, 2014
      **JIM:  It is likely that a the age of accountability may not really exist.  I is likely that a person becomes held accountable for his sins when he finds out that what he is doing is sin.  Scripture bears this out.

      John 9:39-41
      And Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind."

      40 Then some of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, "Are we blind also?"

      41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, 'We see.' Therefore your sin remains.

      Blindness is obviously ignorance.

      When the full revelation of righteousness appeared in Christ all men became aware of sin and all of its intricacies:

      Acts 17:30-31
      Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained.

      Again, though, according to scripture was in the world, men were charged or imputed with that sin where there was no law.  God does not condemn a man for not knowing.
    • Show all 95 messages in this topic