27605Re: [apologetics and theology] "Age of accountablity"

  • yielded777
    Mar 20, 2014

      **JIMBO:  I do see that scripture (Paul) states that sin was in the world but that it is not imputed or charged where there is no law:

      Rom 5:12-13
      Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned —  13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
      NKJV

      It might be that Paul alludes to the allusive age of accountability in the following:

      Rom 7:9-10
      I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
      NKJV
      We know that the law pre-existed Paul so he must be speaking about his early days of innocense before he was held accountable of right and wrong.  When he was introudced to the law he found that he had been sinning all along perhaps.

      Previously posted:
      The verses you quote do not say "one is not accountable for sin if it be
      true that they did not know it was sin:"

      James
    • Show all 95 messages in this topic