Training in Seattle of interest to Agile folk

  • puss.killian
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2010
      Hi Portlanders,

      Wanted to give you a heads up about a class we at Agile Learning Labs (that's Chris Sims and Hillary Johnson) are putting on next month in Seattle with Sharon Bowman called "Training from the Back of the Room." It's part of the "Creative Edge" series Tobias Mayer put together aimed at helping Agile trainers and coaches improve their coaching, training and facilitation skills. The Scrum Alliance gave us a grant to get the series rolling, which translates into Scrum Alliance members getting a 25% discount (the discount code is ScrumAlliance25). And if anyone happens to be a CST and wants to go for 50% off, email me.

      Sharon's book has been cropping up in agile circles of late. She basically teaches anyone who coaches or leads teams for a living how to prompt people to create their own learning, rather than "standing and delivering". A couple of CSTs we know have been using her techniques and say good things about them. The full course description and registration is here:

      http://www.agilelearninglabs.com/creative-edge/training-from-the-back-of-the-room/

      Cheers!
      Hillary