Re: [apln-pdx] October 20 Meeting featuring speaker: Nancy Van Schooenderwoert (aka Nancy V)! [1 Attachment]

  • Diana Larsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2010
      Rik,

      Yeah, I don't know why it shows a 20 ft map version on calagator. However, I think the map does match where I went for the SPIN meeting last month. What it points to is the middle of the building rather than the entrance to the parking lot.

      Here's the directions that SPIN gave out:
      Location: Intel Hawthorne Farms 3 (HF3) Campus, 5200 NE Elam Young Pkwy, Hillsboro, OR 97124
      Directions: From Cornell, head South on NE Elam Young Pkwy (near Costco).  Take the first left to turn into the Intel parking lot.  The HF3 campus will be directly in front of you.  Parking is available on both sides of the building.  Note: There are two NE Elam Young Pkwy streets that connect with Cornell. Go south on the street closest to Brookwood and Costco (between Brookwood and 51st).

      You can also see the MAX station at the bottom of the attached map.

      Hope this helps,
      Diana

      ***
      Diana Larsen
      +1 503-288-3550
      twitter: @DianaOfPortland

      On Oct 6, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Rik Smoody wrote:

      Sounds good.

      I wonder about the address as given on caligator.
      Bad enough that it comes up all gray  and in a tiny rectangle  8-)
      (close to a full-scale road map the way it comes up)
      but I see Hawthorne Farms, 5200 Elam Young in text
      and a map that I suspect shows somewhere else, several blocks to the east on Birch St.
      (once I turn on hybrid and zoom out)

      Intel hasn't taken over  an apartment complex rec room, has it?

      What I had been looking for was a clue as to where on campus the auditorium is.

      Rik Smoody
      360-546-2019
      Vancouver, WA 98685

      On 2010 Oct 6, at 8:48 AM, Diana Larsen wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Diana Larsen included below]

      Hi everyone,

      We have a great speaker for the October 20 AgilePDX meeting - Nancy Van Schooenderwoert (also known as Nancy V)!

      Nancy V comes to us from Boston with 13 years of experience practicing and coaching Agile methods in embedded systems environments. She'll present: "Transient State: From Funding to First Iteration for Embedded Systems" at HF-3 Auditorium at Hawthorne Farms, Intel. (BTW, there's a Max Stop at the parking lot for easy travel!)

      I've attached her bio and talk description to this message. Nancy presented this session at the Agile 2010 conference in Orlando. She is one of the few pioneers who focused on using Agile methods in embedded systems right from the beginning. Her talk is too good to miss!

      Check out calagator for other meeting details: http://calagator.org/events/1250459307

      Invite colleagues who will benefit from hearing this talk to join us! Pass the word along.
      We have a great speaker to kick-off a year of events.

      Upcoming Agile PDX Speaker/Events:

      October 20 - Nancy V, "Transient State" at HF-3 Hawthorne Farms, Intel http://calagator.org/events/1250459307

      November 17 - Join us for "Blurring the Lines: QA & Dev in an Agile Environment"http://www.sao.org/events/event_details.asp?id=110278 - Register soon as space is limited. We'll meet for an Agile PDX post-conference discussion group in the McMenamins' on Broadway pub at ~5 pm (at NE 15th & Broadway, near Lloyd Center - just 1 mile to drive, walk or bike).

      December 15 - Arlo Belshee and Jim Shore, "Bloody Stupid Johnson Teaches Agile" details to follow...

      See you there!
      Diana

      ***
      Diana Larsen