The Truth

  • Nicholas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      I will cut off every trace of Baal, the names of idolatrous priests,
      with the pagan priests. Zeph. 1:7.
      The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness sake, He will magnify
      his law and make it honourable. Isaiah 42:21.
      He sends forth his commandments upon the earth, his word runs very
      swiftly. Psalm 147:15.
      His plans endure forever; His purposes last eternally. Psalm 33:11.
      I will cut off every trace of Baal, the names of idolatrous priests,
      with the pagan priests. Zeph. 1:7.
      The Lord said; pull down the altar of Baal which belongs to your
      father, and cut down the Asherah that is beside it: and build an
      altar to the Lord your God on the top of this stronghold in an
      orderly manner. Judges 6:25-26.
      God has promised; those who trust in the Lord are like mount Zion,
      which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the mountains surround
      Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore.
      Psalm 125:1-2.

      The Holy Spirit to guide them into all truth,

      We can all agree on the authority of Scripture, but then we must
      realize the meaning and applications to live by from Scripture. One
      example of a human dimension interpretation of Scripture would be
      those who profess Christianity and want to justify a homosexual
      lifestyle by twisting or misinterpreting Scripture. It would be hard
      to get away from the absolute truth in a passage like:

      Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts.
      Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In
      the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and
      were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts
      with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their
      perversion.

      Attempting to force another meaning on this is unacceptable and
      further emphasizes the truth that personal interpretation of
      Scripture is not okay! If the authority of Scripture is one of our
      absolutes, then twisting of the Scripture to advocate alternative
      ways to live out a Christ like existence should firmly be rejected.

      THE JOSIAH'S WILL ARISE: It is time to revolt against the darkness.
      It is time to live what we pray in radical repentance, desperate
      dependence, Trust in the Lord, holy hunger and absolute obedience to
      the Lord. We have been commissioned for a revolution that brings
      Kingdom reformation. So Josiah's arise in the house of the Lord
      willing to confront the idolatry of our culture and our places of
      worship. Arise those willing to stand to see God's ways restored to
      our nation and His Kingdom come; His will be done here in our midst,
      as it is heaven? Let the revival the revolution begin and let it
      begin in us. Selah.
      God's Temple is a house of purity, prayer and power. Matt 21:12-16.
      Jesus gave us the Lord's prayer as a course to follow. Matt. 6:9.
      Jesus said; He that believeth on me as the scripture said; out of his
      belly shall flow rivers of living water. John 7:38.

      We proclaim that Change is coming this year, The return to the Laws
      of God, the overflow of the river of the water of Life is flowing in
      more abundance from the throne of God and of the Lamb. Rev. 22:1
      Jesus said; Elijah (his anointing) is coming to restore all things.

      God's Covenant anointing is the title deed to our inheritance, an
      anointing is a specific divine enablement given by God, to an
      individual to accomplish a specific task. Our God is a Covenant
      keeping God. His Covenant reveals His will to his people.

      The Word of God is Absolute Truth. Absolute Truth says: I Am The Lord
      God, I Do Not Change. Malachi 3:6

      it is so important to read the Word in the context of the passage and
      then again in context with the whole Word of God and His heart. The
      way some people interpret God's Word and who He is, sends the message
      of a god with a multi-personality disorder. They seem to emphasize a
      god who changes when Jesus Christ enters the world.

      A good example of presupposition truth straying from the absolute
      truth would be, Christians that do not believe God would ever want
      His people in a war. It is very evident, that in the past, God led
      His people to conquer nations for Him. He is that very same God and
      has not changed. This is not a statement to say God is for or against
      our current engagement in Iraq, but is a biblical fact that God at
      times has and will lead His people to battle. In the midst of all
      conflict in the world, God's love and mercy has become available to
      all who would receive Him through Jesus Christ.

      The following presents some of the layers of theology and elements of
      our belief system and faith:

      Theology is a human attempt to explain God's Word and God's works in
      a reasonable and systematic way. His ways are sometimes far from
      reasonable or systematic in much of how we see Him and how we see Him
      interact with all of creation. Imagine theology being like many
      layers of an onion and having a core. The further we get away from
      the core of absolute truth, the more human dimension comes into play
      in our theology and life expressions of faith.

      Absolutes: The essentials of our faith

      Absolutes for God's people are the core or foundation of everything
      else we believe. Some key absolutes as described by Peter Wagner in
      his book "Changing Church" would be: God's existence, the integrity
      of Scripture, the death and resurrection of Christ, and the existence
      of Heaven and Hell. These should be absolutes in the life of every
      member of the body of Christ. What happens sometimes that can cause
      division or strife, is when we use a deduction of our interpretation
      of truth and make it absolute. We can get ourselves in trouble and
      not live in unity when we emphatically make our presuppositions
      absolute truth.