JANUARY 1ST-2005!!!!!!!!!!

  • donna stagg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2005

      Wow!!! Tis January 1st...This is the 1st day of a brand new month and of the brand new year. Everything is brand new!!! A FRESH new year where we do not know what it will be like or what it will do. It is like a huge wrapped gift to us-ready to be opened daily. We do not know what will be in it so we will get some good stuff and some not so good stuff i am sure. We cannot get thru life without the bad with the good. But there are always a lot of wee surprises too that perks up the heart also- I guess it is like the saying i often hear that the day is only as good as our attitude towards it. I pray that we can fill it up with good thoughts, good things, and heaps of praises to God for all things.

      Our new year started off with RAIN! I must say i like that and my attitude has no problem adjusting to rain! When i look out the window today, i can actually see BARE ground again with some snow in spots. Puddles of water here and there from the rain and melting snow. It makes one feel like it is Spring. Deceiving i know but i will take all the bare ground and rains that God will hand out to us! So i consider this my PERK for the day.

      Many best wishes and lovely blessings i wish you all for this year. Let us share together the good times and the bad times. Helping one another thru all the blind spots of the journey. Be joined together with chords that cannot be broken..Bind us together my God with love. And in this new year, nothing will not happen to you that God will not permit. ALl its days are in the hands of God whose power is limitless and whose love for you is everlasting. May your first day of 2005 be refreshing, relaxing and rejuvenating..I will close with this prayer that i came across. I do not know its author or that prayer becomes my prayer also for today..
      Thank you Lord for giving me the brand new year ahead
      Help me live the way I should as each new day I tread.
      Give me gentle wisdom that I might help a friend
      Give me strength and courage so a shoulder I might lend.
      Please give the leaders of our world, a courage born of peace
      That they might lead us gently and all the fighting cease.
      Please give to all upon this earth, a heart that's filled with love
      A gentle happy way to live with Your blessings from above.

      newfielove--donna