WISDOM SEPTEMBER 2, 2013 ~Grace Daily Inspirational~

  • Mary Cruthers
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2013

      WISDOM
      JEFF SEEKINS, Pastor

      Scripture Reading: James 1 :5; I Corinthians 1:30

      In today's world wisdom is often considered mystical, illusive, and unattainable. Some may even consider it synonymous with abnormality. No wonder the apostle records that the world by its wisdom knew not God, (I Corinthians 1:21). Dictionaries however, generally define wisdom as knowledge or discernment concerning what is right or true. And what is absolutely right and absolutely true is absolutely God's! Wisdom must come from God. As Solomon taught that the fear of the Lord was the instruction of wisdom in Proverbs 15:33, so our verses, though written from distinctly differing perspectives, agree that God is the source of wisdom.

      >From his legalistic standpoint, James directed his hearers
      to ask God for wisdom. Paul, on the other hand, with the dispensation of God's grace in view, pointed out that wisdom was from God and in Christ. All believers today are in Christ, and wisdom is theirs in Him. But in this context, wisdom goes beyond mere mental exercise, to the doctrine and truth God gave for this dispensation. The correlation between the two can be seen in Ephesians chapter three. Not only is the truth of this dispensation of the grace of God explained, but it is also equated with the manifold wisdom of God in verse ten. Colossians 1:24-28, on a similar vein, points out that Christ is the riches of the glory of this mystery. He is such a rich part of this truth that Colossians 2:3 tells us that all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hid in Him. Yes, believer, "ye are in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom ... " ( I Corinthians 1:30). That is the very wisdom of God the Apostle Paul spoke in a mystery, (I Cor. 2:7).

      Heavenly Father, we are awe struck at the vast dimensions of Your grace.
      Forgive us for underestimating that grace so often.
       Enlighten the eyes of our hearts that we might know the richness of Your grace.
       May the immeasurable ocean of Your grace
       be our daily supply for life in Christ, in His name we pray, Amen.

      Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list,

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAIL AND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVEME

      Welcome if you have made a decision to join with us!

      Please don't hesitate to contact US if there is any way WE can be of help, or encouragement to you. You are special to US, and WE will try to help you walk through the problems you are facing in your life and be victorious. God loves you, and wants to live HIS life through you.  Paris  Phil. 2:13
      Phone 1 623 546 8866

      Our Purpose and Mission

      The purpose of this ministry
      "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
      As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
      (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)