The Lord's Prayer Dispensationally Considered, by Pastor Paul M. Sadler, ,,,~GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL~, JUNE 17, 2013

  • Paris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2013

      The Lord's Prayer Dispensationally Considered
            by Pastor Paul M. Sadler

             Scripture Reading:

      “But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him.”
      – Matthew 6:7,8

      Religious leaders love to have their people recite the Lord’s Prayer. It’s been the religious thing to do for centuries. The Lord’s Prayer is one of the most beautiful, meaningful, and touching prayers in the Prophetic Scriptures, but those who recite it today are committing two major blunders. First, the Lord warned the disciples that they were not to pray this prayer, or any prayer for that matter, repetitiously (Matt. 6:5-7). Prayer is not a religious exercise, but rather communication with God; therefore, it should always be spoken from the heart. Second, the Disciples Prayer, which is the correct connotation for this prayer, was given as a model for those who would be called upon to endure the Tribulation. Since the Body of Christ is delivered from the wrath to come, this prayer does not apply to us in this dispensation (IThes. 5:9).

      The Disciples’ Prayer

         Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. The reference here to “our Father” is to the God and Father of Israel — the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. In prophecy, heaven was His throne and earth His footstool. His name was so holy that the Jews feared they might inadvertently speak it in vain, consequently they changed it from Yahweh to Adonai — Master, Ruler (Deut. 5:11; Isa. 66:1; Matt. 15:31; Luke 1:68).

         Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. The hope of every Israelite was the establishment of the Davidic Kingdom. God’s will for the earth is to overthrow the kingdoms of this world and establish the millennial kingdom of His dear Son(II Sam. 7:8-17; Luke 1:68-72; Rev. 11:15; 20:6).

         Give us this day our daily bread. In the future Tribulation, God will set a table in the wilderness for His people, as He did in time past. The saints in that day will find it necessary to pray for their daily provision of food, since they will be unable to buy or sell without the Mark of the Beast. Subsequently, God will super naturally nourish the chosen nation (Rev. 12:14 cf. Rev. 13:13-18).

         And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. Today we are to forgive others, even as God for Christs sake has forgiven us, but under the kingdom gospel, forgiveness was based upon a like-spirit (Matt. 18:21-35 cf. Eph. 4:32).

         And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil[Gr. noun: evil one]. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. The sense here is, “Lord lead us not into the Great Tribulation, but deliver us from Satan, who brings death and destruction in his wake” (Rev. 6:7-11; 12:12; 13:1-10).

      O Lord, my Redeemer, thank You for using Your law as a tutor to lead me to Jesus Christ. Your law was so correct regarding my desperate need of a Savior. Now I rejoice that I am no longer under that tutor. What a delight to relate to You by faith and not by performance. What a precious blessing to humbly hope in the Lord Jesus for righteousness and love and growth. How wonderful to look to a gracious, loving Person, the Lord Jesus, instead of to a perfect unyielding standard, the law. Lord Jesus, please complete in me the good work of Your grace that began when I first believed in You. In Your name, and for Your glory, I pray, Amen.

          Our Purpose and Mission

      The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says.

      Message  "CHRIST" Rom. 16:25, Col. 1:28
      Material   "All Scripture, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
      Method   "Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth, 2 Tim. 2:15
      Mission   "To Make All See"  Eph. 3:9

      "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13.

      We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:"

      We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call,  1 623 546 8866, Paris

      Would you like to help this ministry? Consider trying to get one other person to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL.  This worldwide ministry asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE.

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list,

      Welcome if you have made a decision to join with us!