OUR FOOLISH WISDOM By Pastor R. Hanna DECEMBER 13, 2012 ~Grace Daily Inspirational~

  • PARIS
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012

      OUR FOOLISH WISDOM
      By Pastor R. Hanna

       Scripture Reading: I Corinthians 3:18-20

      The source of all life, all knowledge and all wisdom, is God. When we reason by exercising our own intellect apart from His leading, we make a mockery of true wisdom. 'There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" (Proverbs 14:12). When we take it upon ourselves to set our own standards of right and wrong, we err greatly. We then often compound the error by seeking justification for our mistakes and attempting to gloss them over by further demonstrations of human logic.

      Strangely enough, our search seems always to be one for freedom. In the flesh, we always seek material means to attain freedom. But God tells us, "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32). And how shall we know the truth? Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6). Our search for freedom ends when we are in Christ-and not before! "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty ... Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free (II Corinthians 3:17) (Galatians 5:1).

      In this age of grace, we as members of the body of Christ have an even greater freedom than did His disciples at the time of His earthly ministry. For we are free' from not only the bondage of sin, but also from the letter of the law and all the ceremonies and rituals and sacrifices contained therein. The basic principle, however, is unchanged. "Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God."

      Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

      THOUGHT TO THINK ON

      Now blest in heavenly places
      In Christ at God's right hand;
      And filled with all His fulness
      Complete in Him to stand.
      Sing to the praise and glory
      Of Him Who thus hath shown
      Such gracious love and mercy,
      To call us for His own.
      ---Wm Hallman

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list,

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR EMAILAND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVE ME

      The purpose of this ministry
      "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
      As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
      (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)