Led by the Spirit, Part 2 of 4,, AUGUST 31, 2011 ~Grace Daily Inspirational~

  • PARIS
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011

      Led  by the Spirit
      Part 2 of 4
      by Dennis Kiszonas

      The Spirit's Leading

      When the Holy Spirit entered in, He came to ''lead'' us. We often hear people saying things like, "The Spirit led me to do something," or "God led me to go somewhere." But this is not the idea that Paul is writing about in Galatians 5:18 because these experiences are just occasional, sporadic events in the believer's life, but the leading of the Holy Spirit is a constant experience. The Holy Spirit doesn't lead us only in rare occasions, but at all times.

      It is helpful to put two verses side by side to see the point that Paul is making here:

      But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Galatians 5:18

      .......for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14

      Both verses state that we are "not under law." One says, in contrast to being under law, that we are "led by the Spirit." The other that, in contrast to being under law, that we are "under grace." To be under grace is to be led by the Spirit, and to be led by the Spirit is to be under grace. Not passing, occasional experiences, but comprehensive descriptions of the Christian life today in the dispensation of grace.

      We are not under law---not under a system in which blessings are earned by obedience and curses received for disobedience (this was God's plan for the nation of Israel, see Deuteronomy 28 for a full exposition of the operation of ''law.'') We do not earn our blessings a little at a time by obeying God because under grace we were blessed totally, with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, when we believed the gospel (Ephesians 1:3). And as for curses, the Lord Jesus became a curse for us on the cross (Galatians 3:13). There is no curse for us today.

      Under grace we are completely released from the system of earning blessings or fearing curses, we are "loved." Instead of a system of law, we are given the Holy Spirit who leads us under grace. We do not always follow Him, but He is leading us every moment under grace.

      THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK

      A Grace Disguised
      Belief in Gods sovereignty gives us the security of knowing God is in control, but it also assigns us the responsibility of using our freedom to make wise choices and to remain faithful to Him. It assures us that God is transcendent without canceling out the important role we play. God's sovereignty allows us to believe that He is bigger than our circumstances and will make our lives better through those circumstances.
      - Gerald L. Sittsser

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list, including those who have asked to be a prayer partner with our Grace prayer partners.

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR EMAIL AND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVE ME

      Welcome if you have made a decision to join with us!
      "All graphics and articles used and exchanged on this list are intended solely
      for personal, noncommercial use only."

      The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says.

      We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"    Feel free to call us 1 623 546 8866 .