ON TO PERFECTION OR BACK TO PENTECOST Part 2 of 2 JUNE 1, 2011 ~GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL~

  • PARIS
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011

    ON TO PERFECTION OR BACK TO PENTECOST
    Part 2 of 2
    BY RUSSELL S. MILLER

    God wants us to know His Son. And He has given us a great deal of evidence, proving that His Son can perform that which He has said He will do, if we would only trust Him:

    "That I may know him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death" (Phil.3:10).

     And, in Hebrews, as in all his epistles, his exhortation is rather "on to perfection" (Heb.6:1), and not back to the Pentecostal "powers of the world to come" (Heb.6:2) and the so-called great commission. This was the problem at Corinth with those who were "speaking in an unknown tongue" (ICor.14:2,4,
    13,14,19,27). Paul exhorts us to maturity in Christ through the revelation given to him by the glorified Lord Jesus Christ! "And this will we do, if God permit" (Heb.6:3). In Colossians he exhorts believers to "mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth", and he names them-the lusts of the flesh. And to "put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication ... " and to "put on the new man which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him" (Col.3:5-14). "Put off the old man with his deeds" and "put on" the Lord Jesus Christ.

    "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one Body; and be ye thankful.

    "Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom".
    "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him" (Col. 3:15-17).

    A failure to heed these exhortations only causes many not to see the transitional element in the Acts of the Apostles. Tongues, signs and visions have all passed away with their water baptisms, laying on of hands, miraculous healings and resurrection campaigns. Even the offices of apostles and prophets have ceased (ICor.13:8) leaving "some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

    "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Christ:

    "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ" (Eph.4:11,12,13) .

    Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA the Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

    GraceNTheTruth@...

    This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list, including those who have asked to be a prayer partner with our Grace prayer partners.

    Welcome if you have made a decision to join with us!
    "All graphics and articles used and exchanged on this list are intended solely
    for personal, noncommercial use only."