UNSOUND TEACHING REBUKED ,JON D. BEKEMEYER, Pastor ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~ , April 30, 2010

  • PARIS
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2010

      UNSOUND TEACHING REBUKED
      JON D. BEKEMEYER, Pastor

      Scripture Reading: I Timothy 1:3

      Our text for today makes it quite clear why Timothy was left in Ephesus: "That thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine." There was in Ephesus, as there will be in any Christ-honoring church, efforts to promote false doctrine; to entice believers away from the truth. With such there is to be no tolerance, but rather bold, outright confrontation. Timothy was not to reason with the false teachers, nor was he to seek to establish a "dialogue." He was to charge them, that is, he was to give an authoritative commandment that the promotion of false doctrine must stop.

      Many complain that such an approach to the ministry is narrow-minded, and to that charge, faithful ministers of the Gospel must plead guilty. There is only "one faith" (Ephesians 4:5). If it is narrow-minded to believe that God has spoken; if it is narrow-minded to believe that God has given a distinctive message for the Dispensation of Grace; if it is narrow-minded to emphasize that we are expected to know what that message is; then let us all be narrow-minded.

      The reason many are unsettled regarding doctrine, is that they do not understand where, in the Bible, doctrine is to be found. Efforts to amalgamate the Kingdom to the Body and Law to Grace are futile. Out of desperation, many determine that there are no absolutes---anything goes.

      When such an attitude is prevalent, the ministers of Satan thrive. Paul warned the Corinthians of those who "corrupt"; the Galatians of those who "bewitch"; and the Colossians of those who "spoil." Let us also heed these warnings.

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list, including those who have asked to be a prayer partner with our Grace prayer partners.

      Our Web site is now working, to ask for Devotions, Bible Studies, and to put in your Prayer requests.  We also have updated with many additions Bible study tapes which you can listen to.  Come in and browse around.  Paris

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR EMAILAND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVE ME
          I WOULD LIKE TO BE A PRAYERPARTNER

      Welcome if you have made a decision to join with us!
      "All graphics and articles used and exchanged on this list are intended solely
      for personal, noncommercial use only."

      Please don't hesitate to contact US if there is any way WE can be of help, or encouragement to you. You are special to US, and WE will try to help you walk through the problems you are facing in your life and be victorious. God loves you, and wants to live HIS life through you.  Paris  Phil. 2:13
      Phone 1 623 546 8866

      Our Purpose and Mission

      The purpose of this ministry
      "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
      As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
      (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)