MAY DAY!!!!

  • donna stagg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004

      Gooood Morning.. Thought that i would buzzzzzzzzz by on a late Saturday morning while i am waiting for my washer to stop and say hello to you all. It is the FIRST day of MAY so it is MAYDAY MAYDAY- Wanna know how the month of May became to be called MAY? Well lend me your ear lassies--

      It was a looooong snowy cold winter. People were looking for a sweet reprieve becoz April was unpredictable. It brought some mild temps but was not always assured that Old Man Winter would leave becoz there were always signs of him still not packed and left town. And April was always so moody. So MAY was born. One day, May came to Old Man Winter and asked ever so sweetly--MAY i take over now please and give the earth its refreshing? Then i MAY send them green grasses and bright colourful flowers. Then i MAY also dress their trees with new leaves and i May also bring forth all the little calves and lambs. I MAY also give you a vacation from all the hard work that you did all winter long keeping those people so busy shoveling and trying to keep warm. Old Man Winter was taken in by the sweet humble words of May and also began to realize that he never had a real vacation since November. He was all tuckered out. Yes, he would agree to MAY and allow her to take over for awhile so he packed his snow and and cold bitter winds and moved up north where he would rest and gain new strengths for next season. Old Man Winter moved out and May flowers moved in. AAAAAAH.. yes.

      And that is the story and i am sticking to it :o) By the way, soft words can really do wonders too :o)

      Enjoy your 1st of May.
      Newfielove...
      donna who is looking for her yellow dandelions