Coffee Break - Start It With Praise

  • Lorraine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      May God bless you with a prosperous and happy New Year.

      Coffee Break

      "Start It With Praise"

      "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name." Psalm 100:4

      As we stand at the threshold of a new year, we all have the expectation that it will be a better year.  We look forward to fulfilling dreams, having new opportunities, achieving greater things for the Lord, and accomplishing more than ever before.  Along with the new year comes a clean slate, a fresh start, a second chance.  It holds the promise of a better tomorrow and a brighter future.  Many will enter this new year with hopes and dreams, a new vision and resolutions to do and be better.  But as you look forward to the upcoming year, don't forget to take a moment and look back at the year you have just come through.

      For some the year we are leaving was not a happy one.  It brought heartache, grief and pain.  You saw dreams shattered, hopes crushed, desires lost forever.  Promises turned into lies, joy turned into sorrow, you spent more time in the valley than on the mountain top.  The race was so long, you got weary, the trials were almost unbearable, the lions would not quit roaring, the flames would not die down.  You experienced one tragedy after another, it seemed there was no letting up to the enemy's attack, you went from one battle to another battle.  While there seemed to be nothing but pain in your life last year, you can still find something to praise the Lord for.

      You may have had a rough year, but take a moment to reflect on the goodness of the Lord.  Take time to thank Him for not leaving you nor forsaking you.  Thank Him for giving you supernatural strength to make it through.  Thank Him for His grace that has been more than sufficient for you.  Thank Him for working all things out for your good.  Thank Him for what He accomplished in your life through the testing.  Thank Him that He has never once forgotten you.  Thank Him for meeting all your need.

      Regardless of how bad it may have been, there is something good that the Lord did for you last year that you can praise Him for.... do it!  Enter into this new year with thanksgiving and come into it with praise.  By doing this, you are inviting His presence through your praise to come and inhabit this new year.

      Have a great day.  Take a moment to thank Him for all that He has brought you through this past year.

      <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

      Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
      and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
      About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
      Please feel free to
      call (601) 833-5278 or
      E-mail: """"
      mailto:mastersbusin ess@bellsouth. net""""
      Visit us on the web: """
      http://www.mastersb usiness.org""""

      You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
      You may also forward them via e-mail. Please remember to give credit to
      About the Master's Business Ministry.
      Take time to visit our on-line Christian magazine.