Coffee Break - Fully Charged

  • Lorraine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 3:10 AM
      Coffee Break

      "Fully Charged"

      "And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness." Acts 4:31

      When my husband gets ready to go fishing, one of the first things he does in preparation is plug the boat battery up to the battery charger to make sure that it is fully charged and won't run down.  He does this each time he gets ready to go because on each trip the power in the battery is used so it's not fully charged.  You and I need to do the same thing ourselves... make sure we are "fully charged".

      It is so easy for us to "run down" spiritually.  The cares of this life, the pressures placed on us by the demands of others, our responsibilities, stressful situations, poor health, financial difficulties, ministering to others, being a care giver all pull power and strength from us and cause us to need to be recharged.

      Being recharged revives, refreshes, and empowers us.  This is why we need to be recharged everyday.  When my husband wants to recharge the boat battery, he plugs it into a power source.  We get recharged by plugging into the power source too.  The Lord is our source- the Holy Spirit empowers.  We must "plug" into Him daily and let His life, His Spirit, His power flow into us reviving and giving us new strength to face this new day.  If my husband doesn't make sure that his battery is fully charged, he could get stranded in the middle of the lake or miles from the shore.  If we aren't "charged up" we will not be able to make it through the day, function properly, have strength or accomplish the task that God has given us.

      Have a great day.  Have you gotten "charged up"  this morning so that you can face the day?

      <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

      Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
      and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
      About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
      Please feel free to
      call (601) 833-5278 or
      E-mail: """"
      mailto:mastersbusiness@...""""
      Visit us on the web: """
      http://www.mastersbusiness.org""""

      You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
      You may also forward them via e-mail. Please remember to give credit to
      About the Master's Business Ministry.
      Take time to visit our on-line Christian magazine.