~Daily Inspirational ~ ~Walking With God~ JULY 31, 2006

  • GraceNTheTruth2@Aol.Com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006

      ~Walking With God~
      By Steve McVey

      I recently realized why I find myself frustrated at times in my walk with God. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. It’s simple, really. The problem is that God apparently likes to stroll and, for the most part, I’m not a stroller by nature. “Do you want to run around with me today?” I sometimes ask my wife before I start out on errands. Running around – that’s my style.

      I like to run around and get things done. I want to make things happen. My Father, on the other hand, refuses to be rushed by His impatient boy. I really identify with what one man I recently read had to say on the subject: “I feel like running, but life is on a stroll. That’s how God works.” “Yep, I’m with you a hundred percent,” I thought as I read his words.

      The irony of it all is that I, a man who constantly teaches people how to rest in Christ, still struggles with this. I even wrote a book on the subject (The Godward Gaze). Maybe I’ll go back and read that book again.

      I love the practice of contemplative prayer each morning. It soothes my soul, calming my anxious thoughts and bringing me into the awareness of basking in Love too big to explain or even understand. If I let that early morning time slip, I feel the difference all through the day. It’s not a legalistic practice for me. It’s something I do because I love being loved and to be honest, as much or more than that, I love feeling loved by my heavenly Father.

      I want to learn to live in that place of awareness all day. Sometimes I do pretty well with it, then at others I take on the role of deity and try to manage every detail of my own life with perfection and exact precision. I work to make life fit my schedule and that’s when I start to slip.

      Do you experience this type problem in your life? I don’t think I’m alone in this. Patience isn’t one of the top virtues in the life of most Christians. It has always been a challenge for people of faith. That’s why a child named Ishmael was born. That’s why there was once an Apostle named Matthias that nobody ever heard about again. Believe me, we’re not alone.

      What’s the answer? It’s to keep learning the lesson, again and again if necessary. When we find ourselves rushed, anxious and tapping our fingernails on the table while we wait for God to hurry and catch up, we need to stop. Stop and realize what we’re doing, then acknowledge our hyperactive frenzy before our Father. Yield ourselves to the Holy Spirit and affirm the truth that we don’t control life in any way. We must intentionally choose to relax our grip on our circumstances and slow down our pace again.

      Life will be much easier on us all when we learn once and for all that we won’t make God run. He’s going to do what He’s going to do, so we might as well slow down and enjoy the walk.

      Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA the Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

      Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery,
      which from the beginning of the world
      hath been hid in God,
      who created all things by Jesus Christ

      If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!

      GraceNTheTruth2@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list, including those who have asked to be a prayer partner with our Grace prayer partners.

      We are a registered member with the AOL community team.

      If you wish to receive our e mail or stop receiving from this list, just click on one of the links below.

      PRAYER REQUEST
      Please Remove Me
      CLICK HERE; PLEASE ADD ME TO EMAIL
      I Would Like to Be A Prayer Partner

      Welcome if you have made a decision to join with us!
      "All graphics and articles used and exchanged on this list are intended solely
      for personal, noncommercial use only."

      BE A GOOD E MAIL BUDDY

      It isn't safe to list everyone's email addresses;
      it makes your emails messy &harder to read;
      and it gets people on lists they never asked to join.

      Click on
      Group sending to
      Then click on blind copy
      Put yourself in the TO line.

      Click Send.
      That's all !
      You did it . . . and everyone will appreciate it +++

      Peace and grace
      Paris

      IN HIS GRACE AND GRIP,   PARIS