Grandmas & Grand-kids

  • bibleblessings@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Grandmas & Grand-kids

      Not my usual post I know, but they were too cute not to share.

      An elderly woman and her little grandson, whose face was
      sprinkled with bright freckles, spent the day at the zoo. Lots
      of children were waiting in line to get their cheeks painted by
      a local artist who was decorating them with tiger paws.
      "You've got so many freckles, there's no place to paint!" a
      girl in the line said to the little fella. Embarrassed, the
      little boy dropped his head.
      His grandmother knelt down next to him "I love your freckles.
      When I was a little girl I always wanted freckles, she said,
      while tracing her finger across the child's cheek. "Freckles
      are beautiful!"
      The boy looked up, "Really?"
      "Of course," said the grandmother. "Why, just name me one thing
      that's prettier than freckles."
      The little boy thought for a moment, peered intensely into his
      grandma's face, and softly whispered, "Wrinkles."
      **************************************
      A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own
      childhood was like. "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had
      a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front
      yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the
      woods."
      The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this in. At last she
      said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"
      **************************************
      My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, Grandma, do you
      know how you and God are alike?"
      I mentally polished my halo while I asked, "No, how are we
      alike?"
      "You're both old," he said.
      *********************************
      When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied
      "I'm not sure."
      "Look in your underwear, Grandma," he advised. "Mine says I'm
      four."
      ***********************************
      A Sunday school class was studying the Ten Commandments.
      They were ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if
      anyone could tell her what it was. Susie raised her hand, stood
      tall, and quoted,
      "Thou shall not take the covers off thy neighbor's wife."
      ***********************************
      Our five-year-old son Mark couldn't wait to tell his friend
      about the movie we had watched on television, "20,000 Leagues
      Under the Sea."
      The scenes with the submarine and the giant octopus had kept
      him wide-eyed.
      In the middle of the telling, my husband interrupted Mark,
      "What caused the submarine to sink?"
      With a look of incredulity Mark replied, "Dad, it was the
      20,000 leaks!!"
      ***************************************
      A second grader came home from school and said to her mother,
      "Mom, guess what? We learned how to make babies today."
      The mother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her
      cool.
      "That's interesting," she said. "How do you make babies?"
      "It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change "y" to "i"
      and add "es."
      (Why wouldn't an English teacher love that one?)
      " Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher.
      The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder
      pregnant."
      The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know
      what pregnant means?" she asked.
      Sure," said the young boy confidently. "It means carrying a
      child."
      A grandmother was surprised by her 7 year old grandson one
      morning.
      He had made her coffee. She drank what was the worst cup of
      coffee in her life. When she got to the bottom, there were
      three of those little green Army men in the cup. She said
      "Honey, what are these army men doing in my coffee?"
      Her grandson said, "Grandma, it says on TV, "The best part of
      waking up is soldiers in your cup!"
      A nursery school teacher was delivering a station wagon full of
      kids home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the
      front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children
      started discussing the dog's duties.
      "They use him to keep crowds back," said one youngster.

      "No," said another, "he's just for good luck."
      A third child brought the argument to a close..."They use the
      dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrant."