40726Inexcusable, by Pastor C. R. Stam, ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~, June 18, 2014

  • PARIS
    Jun 17, 2014

      Inexcusable
      by Pastor C. R. Stam

            The second chapter of Paul’s Epistle to the Romans is a dark, sad passage, but it opens the door to the richest blessing the human heart can contain: salvation by grace.

      The opening words: “Therefore thou art inexcusable,” are blunt indeed, but God exposes our sinful condition only so as to save us from it.

      This is where most philosophies and the Bible clash head-on. Most philosophies close their eyes to the sinful nature of man. They argue,generally, that man is inherently good, while overwhelming evidence bears witness that he is inherently bad. Therefore human philosophy offers no salvation from sin and its just penalty. Only the Bible does this with its“gospel [good news] of the grace of God.”

      In Paul’s day the Greek philosophers condemned the uncivilized pagans for their open immorality and wickedness. But while preaching virtue these moralizers themselves practiced vice, and God said:

      “Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest does t the same things” (Rom.2:1).

      It is the same today. Multitudes of self-righteous people are outwardly cultured and moral, but they forget that God looks upon the heart and sees hate as murder, jealousy as theft and the lustful look as adultery. He considers, not what we do, outwardly, but what we desire to do or wish we dared to do. He sees the desires and motives of the heart.

      But thank God, “Christ died for sinners” — guilty sinners, and all who come to God by faith in Christ are “justified freely by His grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus”(Rom. 3:24).

      “Inexcusable,” or “justified freely by His grace,” through faith in the Christ who died for our sins? Which will it be?

      Since we are born spiritually dead, our greatest need is spiritual life. We received physical life and psychological life and a spirit which was dead to God by our human birth. This physical birth gave us temporary human life. Unfortunately, every human will die. To escape this living death condition, we must be born again into a spiritual life by a spiritual rebirth (John 3:3).

      Rom 5:10  For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled,
      we shall be saved by His life.

      GraceNTheTruth@...

        You're receiving this because you subscribed to our GRACE DAILY DEVOTIONS.
            Should you be in a Yahoogroups.com we send to many that we belong to, so you may receive from them.

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAILAND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVEME

      Please don't hesitate to contact US if there is any way WE can be of help, or encouragement to you. You are special to US, and WE will try to help you walk through the problems you are facing in your life and be victorious. God loves you, and wants to live HIS life through you.  Paris  Phil. 2:13
      Phone 1 623 546 8866

      Our Purpose and Mission

      The purpose of this ministry
      "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
      As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
      (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)