40714Buy the Truth and Sell It Not, by Pastor C. R. Stam, ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~, May 28, 2014

  • PARIS
    May 28 12:23 AM

      Buy the Truth and Sell It Not
        by Pastor C. R. Stam

      Every true Christian should understand that the truth costs. If you don’t think so, make it your own, value it, defend it, stand for it, and see if it doesn’t cost. Before you are through it may cost you far more than you had thought — hours of ease and pleasure, friends and money. Yes, the truth costs. Salvation is gloriously free but the truth costs — that is, if you want it for yourself. Many who know the truth won’t buy it. They won’t pay what it costs to say: “This is what I believe. This is my conviction.” The truth isn’t worth that much to them.

      But in Prov. 23:23 God’s Word urges us: “Buy the truth”  ! Not, “Buy it if you can get it at a bargain; if the price is not too great.” No, “Buy the truth” ! Buy it at any price. It is worth far more than anything you can give in exchange for it.

      And when you have bought it: “sell it not.” How many, alas, have bought the truth only to sell out again! For a while they valued and defended some God-given light from His Word, but presently they sold it again for something that seemed more valuable. Perhaps it was peace with others, or position, or popularity or some other temporal gain. They still gave mental assent to it but it formed no part of them. It was no longer a conviction.

      Such should read again the Spirit’s counsel: “Buy the truth,and sell it not.” He does not say: “Don’t sell it unless you can get a very good price for it.” He says: “Sell it not.” Sell it not at any price. Buy it, no matter what it costs and when it is yours do not sell it for any price or under any consideration.

      It is because the truth is so little valued in this indifferent age, that many of God’s people have become so spiritually powerless. They hold opinions instead of convictions, because they have given the infallible, unchangeable Word of God little place in their lives. God blesses and uses those who “buy the truth and sell it not.”

          Our Purpose and Mission

      The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says.

      Message  "CHRIST" Rom. 16:25, Col. 1:28
      Material   "All Scripture, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
      Method   "Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth, 2 Tim. 2:15
      Mission   "To Make All See"  Eph. 3:9

      "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13.

      We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:"

      We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call,   1 623 546 8866, Paris

      Would you like to help this ministry? Consider trying to get one other person to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL.  This worldwide ministry asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE.

      GraceNTheTruth@...

        You're receiving this because you subscribed to our GRACE DAILY DEVOTIONS.
            Should you be in a Yahoogroups.com we send to many that we belong to, so you may receive from them.

      Welcome if you have made a decision to join with us!