40710Walk by the Same Rule, (Part 4 of 4), By Gregg Bing,,,, ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~, May 26, 2014

  • PARIS
    May 25, 2014

      ~Grace Daily Inspirational~
      Walk by the Same Rule

      (Part 4 of 4)
      By Gregg Bing

      Four things characterize the walk of these "enemies of the cross."

      1) "Whose end is destruction." The word "end" can mean their ultimate end, or it can refer to the result of such a walk. The word "destruction" can mean destruction, ruin, loss or waste. An unbeliever who remains an enemy of the cross of Christ throughout their life will perish. They will be separated from God and reside in the lake of fire for all eternity. A believer who walks like an enemy of the cross of Christ will not perish, but they will lose rewards, and such a walk will result in a wasted, ruined life.

      Believers should seek to walk in such a way that our lives bring forth fruit, works that will stand the fires of the judgment seat of Christ and will endure to the glory of God.

      2) "Whose god is their belly." The word "god" implies what they worship, serve, honor or value most in life. Rather than worshipping their God and Creator, their focus is on their own belly, satisfying the needs/wants of their own bodies, the desires of the flesh.

      A believer's walk should reflect a desire to be "well-pleasing" to the Lord, a life more concerned with our spiritual life and relationship with Him rather than our mere physical existence.

      3) "Whose glory is in their shame." They glory, boast, and rejoice in things they should be ashamed of; things that are not fitting, proper, or suitable. They have "debased minds," leading them to do things "which are not fitting" (Rom. 1:28).

      Believers should have nothing to do with these "unfruitful works of darkness." It is shameful even to speak about such sinful acts (Eph. 5:12). These types of deeds are not proper or suitable for those whom God has called "saints," meaning "holy ones" who are set apart for Him.

      4) "Who mind earthly things." Here is the fundamental problem with those who walk as "enemies of the cross of Christ": their minds. Their thinking, their reasoning, their value system is centered on earthly things instead of on heavenly things. They have not counted the things of this life as "loss" that they "may gain Christ."

      Since we have been "raised with Christ" we are to "seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God." We are to set our minds and hearts "on things above, not on things on the earth" (Col. 3:1-2). We have been "crucified with Christ" to the things of this world. Our life is "hidden with Christ in God." Christ is our life! Our walk should reflect this wonderful spiritual reality.

      This earth is not our home. Like Abraham in the land of Canaan, we are merely pilgrims, sojourners here on earth.

      "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself." (Phil. 3:20-21)

      Our citizenship is in heaven. The King James Version reads, "Our conversation (conduct, manner of life) is in heaven." Both ideas are present in the original Greek word. We need to remember that we are heavenly citizens, and we need to think like heavenly citizens, even while living here on earth. What's more, we need to conduct ourselves like heavenly citizens. Our walk should be worthy of heaven and worthy of our glorious Lord who dwells there (Col. 1:10).

      One of the things that helps us maintain such a worthy walk is to keep our focus on the future, on eternity. As we live and serve the Lord, day by day, we are to "eagerly wait for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ." Our hope, our expectation for the future is in Him. One day soon He will appear, and when He appears, we will appear with Him in glory (Col. 3:4). He will change our lowly bodies of flesh, and they will be conformed to His wonderful body of glory. We shall be "like Him" and we shall be "with Him" forever in our heavenly home.

      Until that day comes, Paul encourages each and every believer to live a life ordered by the same rule, a rule I believe is summed up in this simple statement in Philippians 1:21: "to me, to live is Christ."

      Our Purpose and Mission

      The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says.

      We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"

      OUR COMMISSION IN THE AGE OF GRACE IS:

      2Co 5:16-21  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ,
      and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.   Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

      GraceNTheTruth@...

        You're receiving this because you subscribed to our GRACE DAILY DEVOTIONS.
            Should you be in a Yahoogroups.com we send to many that we belong to, so you may receive from them.

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAILAND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVEME