40699Adoption as Sons, Part 2 of 2, by Dennis Hogg, ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~ May 19, 2014

  • PARIS
    May 19, 2014

    Adoption as Sons
    Part 2 of 2
    by Dennis Hogg

    "He predestined us to adoption as sons through Christ Jesus to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1 :5,6

    Just as with adoption, this choice lies entirely with the father and not the sinner. Also, God is completely within His rights to save some and to allow others to remain in sin. There is no injustice towards the sinner, just as the slave who remains a slave is not mistreated. This demonstrates the sovereignty of God.

    This should impact the way we view ourselves before God. God chose us because it pleased Him, not because we wanted to be saved, or because we asked to be saved. (We were incapable of wanting or asking for this salvation. Rom. 3:11; 1 Cor. 2:14; 2 Cor. 4:4)

    This unmerited adoption now puts us into a new relationship with our Heavenly Father.

    "For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, 'Abba! Father!" The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow-heirs with Christ, if we indeed suffer with Him in order that we may be glorified with Him. Romans 8:14-17

    Now we can approach God and without fear approach Him as Father or "Daddy". 'We are free to come into His presence and can talk with God on this personal Father-son level.

    Associated with the Father-son relationship is an inheritance. We cannot even begin to imagine what God has in store for us.

    "And has raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus, in order that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus."  Ephesians 2:6,7

    God will use us as a showpiece throughout all eternity to demonstrate how loving and kind He can be.

    "Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered into the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him."  1 Corinthians 2:9

    Any attempt to describe this would be futile.

    Our position, in this inheritance is guaranteed. (Recall that once adopted a son cannot be cast away,) Not only this, but "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit" (Romans 8:l6) that we are adopted. Since the Holy Spirit is eternal, we have a witness forever that we are sons and heirs of God the Father, Our position is as secure as God is eternal.

    If Jesus is at the core of our
     existence, that gives us an
    identity much greater than
    most Christians acknowledge!

    Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled USA.  We are loosing a great many of our privileges the founding fathers of our great county have protected us by the Constitution of America, there is no country in the world as great as America. Let's stand up and take back our roots.

    GraceNTheTruth@...

      You're receiving this because you subscribed to our GRACE DAILY DEVOTIONS.
          Should you be in a Yahoogroups.com we send to many that we belong to, so you may receive from them.

    CLICK BELOW
        PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAIL AND DEVOTIONS
        PLEASE REMOVEME

    Welcome if you have made a decision to join with us!

    Please don't hesitate to contact US if there is any way WE can be of help, or encouragement to you. You are special to US, and WE will try to help you walk through the problems you are facing in your life and be victorious. God loves you, and wants to live HIS life through you.  Paris  Phil. 2:13
    Phone1 623 546 8866

    Our Purpose and Mission

    The purpose of this ministry
    "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
    As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
    (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)