40453STANDING FAST IN THE FAITH, By JOEL FINCK, Pastor ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~ JANUARY 8, 2014

  • PARIS
    Jan 7, 2014

      STANDING FAST IN THE FAITH
      By JOEL FINCK, Pastor.

      Scripture Reading: I Corinthians 16:13

      Few things are as important in the Christian life as taking a stand. In a world where being popular seems to be all important, it is rare indeed to find an individual who consistently obeys Paul's admonition, "Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong" (I Corinthians 16:13). Standing fast in the faith involves maturity. This is what Paul means by the expression, "quit ye (literally, 'conduct yourselves') like men."

      Taking a stand often involves both the positive and the negative. As believers in the Gospel of the Grace of God committed to the Apostle Paul (Acts 20:24), we must heed Paul's God-given instruction to Timothy, "Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God" (II Tim. 1:8). This is a positive step; standing for the truth of the gospel.

      But there is also a need to stand against error and compromise. Paul instructed Titus concerning the "many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers...whose mouths must be stopped," to "rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth" (see Titus 1:10-14).

      The Gospel of Grace is under attack today both overtly and through neglect. It is up to us who know and love this glorious message to both proclaim it boldly and defend it from those who would compromise its contents. If we do not do so, who will?

      Pray for our Nation:

      Father, we lift up America to You, and all within. Father ... We need restoration, and our eyes of hope are turned upward to You, our Refuge in times of trouble. May we see America, our beloved country, restored in Your righteousness. Amen

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list,

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAIL AND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVEME

      Please don't hesitate to contact US if there is any way WE can be of help, or encouragement to you. You are special to US, and WE will try to help you walk through the problems you are facing in your life and be victorious. God loves you, and wants to live HIS life through you.  Paris  Phil. 2:13
      Phone1 623 546 8866

      Our Purpose and Mission

      The purpose of this ministry
      "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
      As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
      (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)