40448FROM SUCH WITHDRAW THYSELF, DICK WARE, Pastor ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~ JANUARY 3, 2014

  • PARIS
    Jan 2, 2014

      FROM SUCH WITHDRAW THYSELF
      DICK WARE, Pastor

      Scripture Reading: I Timothy 6:3-5

      The Apostle Paul told the overseers of Ephesus in Acts 20:28-30, that savage wolves would come in among them not sparing the flock. He said they would speak perverse things, to draw away disciples after themselves. Paul warned Timothy in this letter about those who would teach any other doctrine, or fables (1:3). He also told him there would be those who would give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy (4:1, 2).

      Who are the "such" Paul tells Timothy to withdraw from in 6:3-5? No doubt, they are some of the same ones Paul has had in mind all along. In 6:1, 2, they aren't teaching the saints submission and humility, but to rise and rebel; to assert their rights. These teachers aren't acknowledging that God committed to Paul: "wholesome words"; "the words of our Lord Jesus Christ"; and "the doctrine which is according to godliness" (vr. 3). They are ignorant and proud at the same time, and are obsessed with arguing and debating over words (vr.4). These are "destitute of the truth", and teach that Godliness is a means of gaining this world's goods (vr. 5). "From such withdraw thyself!"

      Timothy was supposed to save (deliver) himself and his hearers (4:16). He was supposed to establish the saints in "the faith" (the body of truth for the Body of Christ.) To do this, it was, and still is necessary to "withdraw" from those who cause the saints to "depart from the faith" (4:1); who cause God's Name and doctrine to be blasphemed (6:I); and those who bring about envy, strife, evil suspicions, constant friction, and confusion (6:4,5) among the Body of Christ. From such withdraw thyself, because we're talking about eternal truths and eternal souls!

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list,

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAIL AND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVEME

      Please don't hesitate to contact US if there is any way WE can be of help, or encouragement to you. You are special to US, and WE will try to help you walk through the problems you are facing in your life and be victorious. God loves you, and wants to live HIS life through you.  Paris  Phil. 2:13
      Phone1 623 546 8866

      Our Purpose and Mission

      The purpose of this ministry
      "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
      As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
      (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)