40447CHRIST - THE BEGINNING, By FLOYD BAKER, Pastor, ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~ JANUARY 2, 2014

  • PARIS
    Jan 1, 2014

      CHRIST - THE BEGINNING
      By FLOYD BAKER, Pastor

      Scripture Reading: Colossians 1:18

      "And He is the Head of the Body, the Church; WHO IS THE BEGINNING, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He might have the preeminence." In verses 15 - 17 the apostle has declared that Christ is the means by which all things that are in heaven and that are in the earth were created and as such He is "the firstborn of every creature." Along with this we read at the close of verse 16, that "all things were created by Him, and for Him." Paul then goes on to declare that "by Him all things consist," i.e. are "held together." With this truth he is answering the false teaching of those who made the Lord Jesus Christ no more than one of many angels in a long line of angels from heaven to earth.

      In the verse before us the apostle adds another dimension by declaring that Christ is "the Head of the Body, the Church: who is the Beginning, the firstborn from the dead." As far as Paul was concerned he left no area untouched concerning the Lord Jesus Christ. No matter how far back you go in creation He was there: He had no beginning, but all things had their beginning in Him. As to the present and the future Christ is the beginning as well. He sums it all up with the statement, "that in all things He might have the preeminence."

      As Ernest R. Campbell writes in his commentary, "The obvious implication is that before the Colossians could or would give Jesus Christ first place in their lives, they had to know who He was and what He had done," It might be that this is true in your life as well, and we would urge you to believe the testimony of God's Word in this matter. We must say though, before you can know Him as the Head of the Church, you need to know Him as your Saviour. (See verses 20-22-).

      Your sense of failure  may be the catalyst
       God wants to use to bring you to a new
      understanding of the meaning of the Christian life.

      Since Jesus is at the core of
      our existence, that gives us an
      identity much greater than
      most Christians acknowledge!

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list,

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAIL AND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVEME

      The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says.

      We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"

      OUR COMMISSION IN THE AGE OF GRACE IS:

      2Co 5:16-21  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ,
      and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; andhath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.   Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  Forhe hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.