40438The Indescribable Honour of Being ••Ambassado rs for Christ", By K. R. Blade, Part 1 of 6 ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~DEC. 27, 2013

  • PARIS
    Dec 26, 2013

      The Indescribable Honour of Being ••Ambassadors for Christ"
      By K. R. Blade
      Part 1 of 6

      A previous article on not being "ashamed of the gospel of Christ" prompted the desire for this closer examination of the honour and privilege that it is for us to be "ambassadors for Christ," especially in view of Paul 's exhortation in II Corinthians 6:1-2 and the fact that many of us are not very enthusiastic ambassadors.

      20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
      21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
      1We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
      2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) (II Corinthians 5:20-6:2)

      Of all of the opportunities that we have to labour together with God in His various operations in this present dispensation of His grace, the one that probably comes to mind first is our ambassadorship for Christ. And indeed it should. For in the process of our sonship edification it is the first such operation that God tells us about, and accordingly it is the first one for which He equips us to labour together with Him. In addition, being "ambassadors for Christ" is an operation in which each and every saint has the opportunity to participate. Besides this it is also an operation for which the ability to participate in it is actually generated by the "gospel of Christ" itself working within the Christian after he believes it, and as he becomes established in it by the effectual working of the doctrines of Romans 1-5. Wherefore it is only natural and logical that this particular operation would occur to our minds first when we think of labouring together with God in what He is doing.

      Moreover when we think of our ambassadorship we are also quick to acknowledge that it certainly is an honour and a privilege for us to be entrusted with "the gospel of Christ," and thereby to be used by God to offer unto other people its effectual working as "the power of God unto salvation" that it is. Indeed, how could we think of such an opportunity as anything less than an honour and a privilege. It just naturally possesses such qualities. Therefore all the more does our ambassadorship for Christ naturally stand out in our minds.

      An Embarrassing Problem

      Now though we readily acknowledge these things, and even talk about this privilege with other saints; and though we also know how to clearly preach "the gospel of Christ" to others so as to faithfully provide for it to effectually work in them as we tell them about it; many of us still have a problem when it comes to actually functioning as ambassadors. And it is a problem that is embarrassing to us because it seems so incredible that we should have it in view of what we know. Yet we have it nonetheless. What we have is a lack of zeal for our ambassadorship. To be frank, we do not have much enthu­siasm for actually doing the work of an ambassador; with the result that we usually do not do it very often.

      Naturally this is embarrassing for us, since it is so unbecoming. But it is also a cause of consternation to us. For much to our dismay the privilege of being "ambassadors for Christ" does not really seem to captivate our hearts all that much. For some reason our minds seem to come short of being gripped to their full extent by this privilege. Oh we may occasionally witness to people, but we find that we lack a full measure, (as well as a constant measure), of any real ambition and/or zeal to be telling others about "the gospel of Christ." Consequently our ambassadorship is not only frequently subject to waxing and waning, but we find that it is always waning more than it is waxing. In fact for many of us it has been weeks, or months, or maybe even years, since we have even attempted to tell any unjustified person about "the gospel of Christ." In other words we may be "ambassadors for Christ" by virtue of the privilege, and we may call ourselves such; yet we are anything but "ambassadors for Christ" in function.

      Even More Embarrassing

      To make matters worse, we know that this is not how God has designed for us to be. We realize that we should have a zeal for our ambassadorship that is truly constraining and compelling. It should not need to be constantly stirred up or resuscitated. It should not be characterized by spikes of periodic activity occurring between lengthy spans of idleness. Instead we know from our epistles that the same kind of remarks that Paul makes about zeal when describing, for example, the saints in Rome and Thessalonica, ought to be able to be said about us as well.

      8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. (Romans 1:8)
      8For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak anything. (I Thessalonians 1:8)

      Not only do verses such as these reprove us, but we realize that if our zeal was on par with that of the saints at Rome or Thessalonica, or if it was like that of Paul himself, then we too would probably be criticized just as Paul was for being too zealous or too enthusiastic; even to the point that we also might be thought of by others as being 'beside ourselves' or fanatical.

      So then it should be obvious that if our zeal for being "ambassadors for Christ" is 'hit or miss'; or if it is generally weak; or if it bears little or no resemblance to Paul's zeal; or worse yet if it is non-existent; then something is definitely wrong. We are surely missing something. More to the point, something is not effectually working within us as God has designed for it to work. For ambassadors by nature are not silent. It is contrary to their position and purpose, for they are designed and commissioned to speak.

      Therefore if we are 'silent ambassadors,' and if we are honest both with ourselves and with God's word to us, then we ought to want to have this problem rectified.

      Dear Lord Jesus, we praise and thank You for the many opportunities to be an ambassador for Christ, and to share the good news with others.  You give us such zeal for sharing "the gospel of Christ" with others, and truly it any Indescribable honor that you have given us in this age of Grace.  Amen, Paris

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list,

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAIL AND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVEME

      Please don't hesitate to contact US if there is any way WE can be of help, or encouragement to you. You are special to US, and WE will try to help you walk through the problems you are facing in your life and be victorious. God loves you, and wants to live HIS life through you.  Paris  Phil. 2:13
      Phone1 623 546 8866

      Our Purpose and Mission

      The purpose of this ministry
      "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
      As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
      (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)