40434THE NATURAL AND THE SUPERNATURAL ,PART ONE OF TWO, ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~ DECEMBER 24, 2013

  • PARIS
    Dec 23, 2013

      THE NATURAL AND THE SUPERNATURAL
      PART ONE OF TWO
      ~ Mel Flogel ~

      Why does the songbird sing his song? Why does the dog give us his bark? The same reason the cat says, "meow". It is their nature to do so, the nature they received from their parents. We humans also have the characteristics of our parents by nature. Among them is a sinful nature. We are born sinners by nature passed down to us from Adam after he sinned against God in the garden of Eden. This presents many problems, the largest being that there is a penalty for sin. We, by nature, want to hide from God and to remain in darkness and to deceive ourselves. But God's light and grace are supernatural, transcending our natural blindness and darkened minds and hearts.

      Jesus Christ has paid in full the penalty for sin. This He did once for all by dying our death, shedding His blood as payment to God. He rose again from the dead and now Supernaturally gives a NEW NATURE to everyone who believes.

      NATURAL MAN: HIS TENDENCY AND CAPABILITIES

      Romans 5:12 says, "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." Paul explains this further and adds that not only are we born with a sinful nature, but we are also born spiritually dead. He wrote to the Ephesians, "And you hath he quickened who were DEAD IN TRESPASSES AND SINS, wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience, among whom WE ALL HAD OUR CONVERSATION in times past in the lust of the flesh and of the mind, AND WERE BY NATURE THE CHILDREN OF WRATH, even as others." (Ephesians 2:1-3)

      One characteristic we humans are born with places us on a very different plain from the animals, however. We have a consciousness of the existence and presence of God. Even in our fallen state, we all have the God-given ability to receive enlightenment and illumination by the Holy Spirit. (He is Supernatural) "In him (Jesus Christ) was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness of the Light, THAT ALL MEN THROUGH HIM MIGHT BELIEVE. He was not the Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which lighteth EVERY MAN THAT COMETH INTO THE WORLD." (John 1:4-9)

      Man is not innocently blind, or innocently in darkness, or innocently dead spiritually. The light of truth and knowledge which God sends to him he denies, he covers up, he resists, even if he can make the existence of God a gray area. "He that believeth on him is not condemned, but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and MEN LOVED DARKNESS RATHER THAN LIGHT BECAUSE THEIR DEEDS WERE EVIL. For everyone that doeth evil hateth the Light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be manifest, that they are wrought in God." (John 3:18-21)

      Man in his fallen state still has a God-given consciousness of his creator, and the Supernatural enlightening and illuminating work of the Holy Spirit brings truth and knowledge home to his mind, heart and conscience. Man is without excuse. "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, WHO HOLD THE TRUTH IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, because THAT WHICH MAY BE KNOWN OF GOD IS MANIFEST IN THEM, for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being UNDERSTOOD by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are WITHOUT EXCUSE. Because that, when they KNEW God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful, but BECAME vain in their imaginations and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise THEY BECAME FOOLS." (Romans 1:18-22) Again, man is not innocently blind, he likes to deny truth and deceive himself.

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list,

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAIL AND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVEME

      Please don't hesitate to contact US if there is any way WE can be of help, or encouragement to you. You are special to US, and WE will try to help you walk through the problems you are facing in your life and be victorious. God loves you, and wants to live HIS life through you.  Paris  Phil. 2:13
      Phone1 623 546 8866

      Our Purpose and Mission

      The purpose of this ministry
      "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
      As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
      (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)