40431Good News of Great Joy, DECEMBER 22, 2013 ~Grace Daily Inspirational~

  • PARIS
    Dec 21, 2013

      Good News of Great Joy
      by Steve McVey

      When the angels appeared on the first Christmas, they described Jesus' birth as "good news of great joy!" It's a safe rule of thumb to remember that when angels use words like "good news" and "great joy," whatever they're talking about must be big - really big. After all,they live in heaven so good news by their standards has to be something off-the-charts good. What was it about the coming of Jesus that they knew was so fantastic? It's what they knew would happen when He completed His mission here on earth.

      There are many aspects of His coming we could celebrate. As you reflect on the meaning of Christmas, keep these three in mind:

      1. Our sins have been taken away. God forgave your sins, but the good news of Christmas is even better than that. The Bible says He took them away so that you are now justified - that is, you're in a position as if you've never sinned one time. Nothing. They're all gone and no trace of sin is left on your now-holy spirit. It is just-if-I (justify) never sinned! You don't have to shirk away from God in embarrassment about anything because God's heart toward you is to do nothing but hug you.

      2. God isn't angry with us. Since there are no sins to stand between you and God, there's nothing that would cause Him to be angry with you.You may have grown up thinking that your Father is looking at you with a disapproving look on His face, but it's not true. Your God is smiling with delight as He watches you each day. We may still see our sins, but from the eternal realm God knows "it is finished" and that they've all been totally obliterated. Think outside the box - the time box - and be assured that your Father is happy with you because He has dealt with your sins already.

      3. We don't have to try to change ourselves. Religion is man's attempt to make himself become acceptable to God by changing himself. You don't have to do that anymore. You are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus. If you look at yourself through the legalistic lens of performance based acceptance, you'll see flaws and will find yourself experiencing an urge to improve yourself. When you look at yourself through the lens of God's grace, you will know that He adores you at this very moment, just the way you are. He loves you enough that He will assume responsibility for bringing any changes into your life that may be needed.

      It's Christmas and your Father has given you a gift in Jesus Christ that surpasses anything you can imagine. He has taken away your sins. He adores you completely. He has let you off the hook so that you don't have to try to improve anything about yourself. Those are just the tip of the iceberg.

      Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and that is exactly what He accomplished. Now, that's a reason to have a Merry Christmas!  And a Blessed NEW YEAR, as you rest in these truths.

      "WISHING YOU A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR"

      "Wishing you a year filled with Faithfulness,
      Forgiveness, Generosity, Encouragement,
      Courage, Confidence, Comfort, and Blessings
      that come in all sizes."

      "May the Blessings of God be with you this New Year!"
      From Paris at:
      GRACE AND THE TRUTH MINISTRY

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list,

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAILAND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVEME

      The purpose of this ministry
      "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
      As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
      (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)