40320Fw: THE WORLD AT WAR - THE ARCHANGEL

  • Ruby Haskins
    Oct 12, 2013

      "The World At War"
      The Archangel
      Scripture Reading:  Revelaton 12
      Scripture Text
      : "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven." Revelation 12:7,8 (KJV)

      If you like fireworks on the fourth of July, or at the end of a ballgame, you haven't heard or seen anything yet. Think of the ramifications that attend the beginning of our text for today, "And there was war in heaven:".
      The lines of battle are drawn, and it is Michael the Archangel and his angels staring halo to halo with the dragon and his angels. Michael, as we know, has long been the defender of the people of Israel, and the chief security officer for the gates of Heaven.
      This war in the heavens very possibly could have began with the violation of air space tripped off by the millions of raptured saints winging their way home. What we do know, is that the Bible tells us that through the prevailing power of Michael and his host of warriors - the "accuser of the Brethren" is cast down to the earth. Is this a planned event in the chronology of things which must shortly come to pass? Well it seems so, as we are looking at it from a futuristic vantage point. Yet, there is something reassuring and wonderfully refreshing about those words in the 11th verse.
      "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death". Rev. 12: 11 (KJV)
      Who was this referring to? The angels? No. For the verse prior to that speaks of salvation.
      "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night". Rev. 12:10 (KJV)
      One thing an angel cannot do that you and I can do, is to receive the Lord as their personal Savior, and becomejoint-heirs with God. Now, I don't mean to in any way demean the wonder, and blessing, and power that angels play in the role of the kingdom of God. However we are told in the Bible to not worship them. There are many that do worship angels in our modern day, and it is actually unscriptural to do so. We read in Colossians 2:18 these words,
      "Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind," Colossians 2:18 (KJV)
      The worship of angels actually began even during the times of the captivity of Israel in Egypt. It is easy to see how a people in such state of misery, could see the many deliverances (such as they did at the hand of God through the ministry of angels), and could mistake the goodness of the Creator for the ministry of the created. We still do it today when we worship men such as Benny Hinn, and Oral Roberts, and a few others. A couple of my personal favorites are Colonel Gordon Fobuster; and Colonel Albert Pepper; and Chief Secretary Kerner; and of course Commissioner Andy Miller. In case some of you are wondering about the rank in front of the name, these are wonderful men of God in the ranks of the Salvation Army. Men who would speak with such power, that the chapel we were in would vibrate with the sense of God's Holy Presence. Hallelujahs would ring out, and kerchiefs would wave profusely back and forth in the air as men and women awaiting their turn to be commissioned as Officers (Pastors) in The Salvation Army would praise not these men, but the God that they spoke of, and the holiness that he afforded.
      Now there is a battle that goes on in our hearts. It is on a much larger scale, and more diabolic and fiendish a form of terrorism than that that was waged on the World Trade Towers. This form of terrorism doesn't attack just my heart, but attacks the heart of every believer, luring them into a false sense of security thinking they have plenty of time. This same attacker reminds them how busy they are tomorrow, and how tired they are tonight; and even though they know they should be "in the Word", and spending time in prayer, they stumble off to bed, and fall fast to sleep, believing that tomorrow will come just as it has every other day of their lives. Yet when the battle hits, they are unprepared, and out of shape, and falter beneath the first few blows.
      Oh my friend. Arm yourself! Take up the breastplate of righteousness, and the helmet of salvation. Take up the shield of faith, and pray like your life depended on it! Verse 8 of Revelation 12 tells us that in the battle in the heavens between Michael's angels and the dragon's angels, found the dragon's angels to be no match, and they, "...did not prevail."
      The reason they did not prevail is found in the 11th verse where it says,
      "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death".
      Are you and over comer or a victim?
      Let's pray,
      Father, there is a battle raging in the heart of every Christian - and how we need Jesus - our Captain to lead us in these "end-times". I gladly remain s one of your faithful soldiers - loving not my own life - even to the death. Yours I remain O Lord, in Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

      God bless you.
      Pastor Wayne Clabaugh