40303ONE THING by C. R. Stam ~Grace Daily Inspirational ~ OCTOBER 4, 2013

  • PARIS
    Oct 3, 2013

      ~ONE THING~
      by C. R. Stam

      Referring to the great Temple of God, which King David so earnestly hoped to build, he said:

      “ONE THING HAVE I DESIRED of the Lord; that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple” (Psa.27:4).

      Similarly, when Martha of Bethany complained to Jesus that Mary “sat at [His] feet and heard His Word” while she was left to serve alone, the Lord answered:

      “Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things, but ONE THING IS NEEDFUL, and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her” (Luke 10: 41,42).

      Today, with regard to the message of grace from the ascended, glorified Lord, the Apostle Paul exhorts us: “Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly” (Col.3:16). Wonderful results follow such a determination to know Christ through the Word.

      When the Lord Jesus opened the eyes of the blind beggar, the poor man was immediately persecuted by the religious leaders of the day. He could not answer all of their questions but he could answer the one most important to himself:

      “ONE THING I KNOW, that, whereas I was blind, now I see” (John 9:25).

      The rest of the narrative relates how the blind beggar also received spiritual sight as, face to face with the Son of God, he exclaimed: “Lord, I believe! …and…worshiped Him” (Ver.38).

      But what about our conduct after spiritual sight has been bestowed? The most consecrated believer will acknowledge that he often fails to live up to the light he has received. St. Paul, by inspiration, gives us the solution to this problem also, saying:

      “THIS ONE THING I DO: forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press [strain] toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Phil.3:13,14).

      Lord God of my salvation,
       thank You for the glorious message of the gospel.
       What good news it is to have forgiveness,
       eternal life, and daily transformation through Your grace.
        Lord Jesus, I rejoice that You have taken me out from under the law.
      I now look to You,
       the risen Lord,
       to bring forth spiritual fruit in and through my life,
       in Your exalted name, Amen.

      Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled USA.  We are loosing a great many of our privileges the founding fathers of our great county have protected us by the Constitution of America, there is no country in the world as great as America. Let's stand up and take back our roots.

      GraceNTheTruth@...

      This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our mailing list,

      CLICK BELOW
          PLEASE ADDME TO YOUR EMAIL AND DEVOTIONS
          PLEASE REMOVEME

      Welcome if you have made a decision to join with us!

      Please don't hesitate to contact US if there is any way WE can be of help, or encouragement to you. You are special to US, and WE will try to help you walk through the problems you are facing in your life and be victorious. God loves you, and wants to live HIS life through you.  Paris  Phil. 2:13
      Phone 1 623 546 8866

      Our Purpose and Mission

      The purpose of this ministry
      "Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
      As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage," "strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our hope is in Christ.
      (Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)