40297Fw: The tolerance trap~by Richard Mansel

  • Ruby Haskins
    Sep 30, 2013
      The tolerance trap~by Richard Mansel
      http://tinyurl.com/kooh43s

         Since Satan never rests, we must remain constantly vigilant
      (Ephesians 6:10-17; 1 Peter 5:8; John 8:44).
         Satan has found great success of late and too many Christians are
      falling for his lies. Using his accomplices in the world and in the media,
      Satan is busy re-defining words and boundaries.
         Mankind craves validation and camaraderie and naturally the Devil will
      use that against us. Utilizing our friends, family and celebrities, Satan has
      caught many Christians in the tolerance trap. The peer pressure is
      staggering.
         Tolerance, in itself, is not completely evil. We all must get along and not
      allow opinions and preferences to divide us. We must show love and respect
      for others (1 John 4).
         However, Satan's use of tolerance is spiritually lethal. The word means,
      "A fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that
      differ from one's own." Yet, today that is taken to an extreme.
         We build a tolerance by willful exposure to sin so that which we find
      offensive becomes commonplace. A drug user escalates his usage so he can
      keep getting high as his body grows tolerant of the drugs. So the more time
      we spend in sin, the less repugnant it becomes.
         At Satan's request, Christians are called haters in almost every segment of
      society. Everywhere we turn, insults are hurled at us. We supposedly hate
      homosexuals, for example. No matter how many times we say that we hate the
      sin and love the sinner, we are ignored.
         Satan has convinced everyone that we hate when we do not like something.
      If we go to a buffet, we select certain foods and ignore others. Do we go back to
      the buffet and yell, "I hate you!" at the foods we did no pick? When we choose
      a Coke Zero, do we hate all the other sodas? That is ridiculous!
         We are told that we must "tolerate" people who live in lifestyles that we consider
      sinful. We do, to an extent, but not as Satan demands. He says that we must
      promote and rejoice in their sin.
         Like God, we must be strong enough to call a sin a sin(Romans 1:26-27).
         We must not even think beyond what is written in Scripture (1 Corinthians 4:6).
      God's Word is our only standard (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Romans 10:17).
      We must obey or be unrighteous (John 14:15; Hebrews 11:6).
         Christians are often more afraid of the world than they are of God. They
      compromise the Truth so they will be accepted into the broader religious
      world's meetings and organizations.
         Yet, we do not have the authority to do that. We are to go to the lost with the
      Gospel, and we cannot change the truth in the process (Matthew 28:18-20).
         Paul said, "I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some" (1 Corinthians 9:22). Anyone who believes that Paul was advocating sinful disobedience to save souls has zero understanding of God's Word
      (Galatians 1:6-9).
         Paul also said that we should speak the truth in love(Ephesians 4:15).
      However, he would never advocate speaking love without truth. They are
      both embodied in Christ and cannot be separated.
         We must immerse ourselves in Bible study, prayer and fellowship so we can
      remain courageous in the face of insults, slander and persecution. God's people
      must never fall for Satan's lies because his path never leads to heaven
      (Matthew 7:13; Revelation 20:11-15).

      Satan's tolerance is another word for surrender and we
      can never back down!