Mark III

  • Debbi
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 16, 2007
      Anyone know when Canon Mark III will be supported?
      Debbi
    • Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 16, 2007
        I think its safe to say it certainly will its just a matter of time.

        Alex

        --
        ALEJANDRO  RODRIGUEZ  PHOTOGRAPHY
        studio 786-206-6377  |  toll free 888-815-0392  |  fax 305-847-7787

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 16, 2007
            It sounds like 10.4.10 should be out soon. Generally they have been releasing Raw updates with the OS updates.

            Alex

            On 6/16/07, Debbi <corkie@...> wrote:

            LOL, good answer.
            Deb

            On 6/16/07, Debbi < corkie@...> wrote:
            Anyone know when Canon Mark III will be supported?
            Debbi

            --
            ALEJANDRO  RODRIGUEZ  PHOTOGRAPHY
            studio 786-206-6377  |  toll free 888-815-0392  |  fax 305-847-7787
            14844 SW 46 Lane  |  Miami  |  Florida  |  33185
            http://Alejandro-Rodriguez.com  |  Alex@...
          • Ron Leppke
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 17, 2007
              In an extensive review of the soon-to-be released OS 10.4.10, improvements/additions to RAW was one of the topics covered.

              Ron

              On Jun 16, 2007, at 7:52 PM, Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez wrote:
              It sounds like 10.4.10 should be out soon. Generally they have been releasing Raw updates with the OS updates.

              Ronald D. Leppke, Ed.D.
              Photographer, RDL Associates

            • Keven Fedirko
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 17, 2007
                >10.4.10

                Really - would they come out with a "point 10" release, and not 10.5
                ... ?! Anything could happen in life, but I find that highly
                untypical of them. Might happen tho, as updates have been fairly
                regular...

                k.
                ---
                latest postings:
                <http://www.kevenfedirko.com/wedding/20070519-AmberBrian/a-HoltRenfrewMakeup/>
                <http://www.kevenfedirko.com/wedding/20070519-AmberBrian/b-Groomsmen/>
                <http://www.kevenfedirko.com/music/20070413-Cerberus.KF/>
                <http://www.kevenfedirko.com/music/20070525-CrippleCreekFairies.sm/>
              • Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 17, 2007
                  I think its a result in the delay in 10.5.

                  Alex

                  On 6/17/07, Keven Fedirko <kfedirko@...> wrote:

                  >10.4.10

                  Really - would they come out with a "point 10" release, and not 10.5
                  ... ?! Anything could happen in life, but I find that highly
                  untypical of them. Might happen tho, as updates have been fairly
                  regular...

                  k.
                  ---
                  latest postings:
                  <http://www.kevenfedirko.com/wedding/20070519-AmberBrian/a-HoltRenfrewMakeup/ >
                  <http://www.kevenfedirko.com/wedding/20070519-AmberBrian/b-Groomsmen/ >
                  <http://www.kevenfedirko.com/music/20070413-Cerberus.KF/>
                  <http://www.kevenfedirko.com/music/20070525-CrippleCreekFairies.sm/ >

                  --
                  ALEJANDRO  RODRIGUEZ  PHOTOGRAPHY
                  studio 786-206-6377  |  toll free 888-815-0392  |  fax 305-847-7787
                  14844 SW 46 Lane  |  Miami  |  Florida  |  33185
                  http://Alejandro-Rodriguez.com  |  Alex@...
                • Douglas Urner
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 17, 2007
                    On 17 Jun 2007, at 10:40, Keven Fedirko wrote:

                    > Really - would they come out with a "point 10" release, and not
                    > 10.5 ... ?!

                    10 comes after 9 and the last word from Apple is that 10.5 (Leopard)
                    isn't due until sometime around October.

                    Think of the numbers this way:

                    The first (10) is the major OS version - the underlying technology
                    is likely to change in significant ways when this number changes
                    (just think about the change from OS 9 to OS 10).

                    The second (4, soon to be 5) are the big variations on the theme -
                    major upgrades, significant new features, but not a fundamental
                    change of the OS paradigm. Typically you have to pay Apple when this
                    number changes.

                    The third (9, with rumors of 10 coming soon) are more minor changes
                    and bug fixes. This updates are for things like new device support,
                    security problems, to roll out new technologies that Apple want well
                    test in preparation for the more major upgrades, etc. These are
                    usually free.

                    Each number is independent, so incrementing 10.4.9 goes to 10.4.10,
                    not to 10.5.0.

                    Doug
                  • Keven Fedirko
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 18, 2007
                      >I think its a result in the delay in 10.5.
                      >http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0705macosx10410.html
                      >
                      >Alex

                      The article itself even raises an eyebrow to a dot ten update. I
                      guess anything can and will happen. 10.5 will be a big overhaul, and
                      is usually mated to new hardware as well (hardware that only runs on
                      it, and not older 10.4.x)

                      I will continue on with my regularly scheduled program...

                      Sorry to hijack the thread into another realm, but OS releases have
                      in the past specifically addressed aperture stuff as was mentioned,
                      so those with a MkIII can only hope I guess.

                      My suggestion is to use the direct Aperture feedback function - has
                      directly addressed my obtuse requests on a number of occasions, so
                      don't hesitate to do it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease...

                      k.
                    • Ron Leppke
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 18, 2007
                        Here is a note from ars technica:

                        <http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/06/03/another-mac-os-x-10-4-10-build-hits-the-streets>

                        those left on the Tiger team managed to send out another build of the forthcoming 10.4.10 Mac OS update to developers, although most of said developers are probably too busy reviewing their own notes for WWDC (i.e. trying to decide whether renting a Boxster for the week counts as an "allowable expense") to get much testing done.

                        Nevertheless, the new builds will supposedly offer updates to Image RAW libraries and Image Capture, along with WebCore and JavaScript.

                        BTW, I spent  that week and each since driving and competing in my 2002 Boxster S. It now has 110,000 miles.

                        Ron

                        On Jun 18, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Keven Fedirko wrote:
                        The article itself even raises an eyebrow to a dot ten update.

                        Ron Leppke
                        Photographer, PCA Zone Seven

                      • Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez