Aperture single database, multiple users?

  • jldengler04
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2007
      Can Aperture but used in a situation where you have multiple users (each with their own
      license) but accessing the same library/image files on a server?

      Our particular example would be for a newspaper workflow. We would like photographers
      being able to input images in Aperture, do initial cropping, toning, etc. and then have our
      prepress/imaging staff do the final actual toning for printing on a newspaper printing press.

      Our goals would be for our prepress/imaging staff to have to option to go back in an image's
      history if needed, perhaps as far back as the original, yet being able to see the
      photographer's intent. Also, since we now publish not just for print, but online, we could go
      back in history to the appropriate spot to output an image for online use.

      Is there a Aperture workflow that would allow this?
    • Tara Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2007
        Hi All,

        I just joined this group and just installed Aperture last week. Last
        night I was getting some pictures off my memory card by importing
        them, and the app froze on me. It just said, "application not
        responding" so I had to force quit. After restarting, I rebuilt the
        database like it advised I do. Now when I look at my pictures, the
        thumbnails are off! In the thumbnail view at the lower half of the
        screen, I see a thumbnail but when I select it, it shows the actual
        photo in the top half of the screen. The filename will be correct -
        in other words, the filename and large image match, but the thumbnail
        shows something else.

        For example, I have dog pictures with filenames like dog001 and fair
        pictures with filenames like fair001. My thumbnails show pictures of
        the fair but are labeled dog001 and when I select them, the big
        picture at the top is the correct dog picture.

        Any ideas what I should do? I've rebuilt the database twice now.

        Thanks in advance!

        Tara