Re: [aperture] down tuning power requirements

  • clementus
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
      So it sounds like the mac mini does work for you, but then you hit a problem
      that causes you to crash.  Is that right? You don't get any errors or problems
      on the actual launch?  What are the actual steps that cause the crash - do you recall?

      On Jan 22, 2007, at 7:01 AM, davidbmoore wrote:

      Hi group
      Newbie to Aperture but shooting for 30years. Now shooting a 5d canon
      Raw.

      I have a mac mini for the next couple of months. Its a duo core
      1.66ghz with 2 gig of ram. Aperture is working till a point, then
      it crashes. This machine just falls under the requirement of the
      1.8? ghz. Is there some preference some where in the system or in
      aperture that I could squeeze out a little more stability untill I
      pass go and collect a new G5.

      Why does this work on a G4 Laptop but not a "newer" Mac mini?

      Thanks
      David b Moore
      Scottsdale AZ

    • davidbmoore
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
        The mac mini (1.66ghz intel core duo) works for the BenLong / OrlandoLuna  tutorial.  But tends to crash when I want to re-edit an image that already has layers,  extra channels, and paths.  Also the thumbnails look like a mask or channel.  I don't have to collapse all my images before the come in do I?
        Thank you  david

        David B. Moore
        Photographer

        C 480-751-7689