Ars Not Impressed

  • Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2005
      Ars Technica not impressed with Aperture. Sure hope Apple is working on
      1.1 already.

      http://arstechnica.com/reviews/apps/aperture.ars

      Alex
    • tvalleau
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2005
        Got to say I agree 100% with Ars article. I teach photography, and have been a shooter for
        over 48 years. I had to relegate Aperture to the back shelf when I discovered that it would not
        handle raw files from my Fuji S2 or S3, but decided to play with it a bit anyway.

        The bottom line? I can do more with iView Media Pro and Photoshop CS2. Would it be nice to
        have Apple's new tool? Sure... but as it is, it's not nearly robust enough; not well enough
        designed or thought out; and not well enough implemented to be more than an exercise in
        futility, IMHO.

        Very disappointed, and several hundred dollar lighter.

        I cannot recommend v1 of this software: not to a pro, anyway. Maybe v2 will be better...
      • Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2005
          tvalleau wrote:
          > Very disappointed, and several hundred dollar lighter.
          >
          > I cannot recommend v1 of this software: not to a pro, anyway. Maybe v2 will be better...

          I sure hope Apple address most of the current issues and concerns before
          the 2.0 release. Some (if not most) should be covered in a 1.1 release.

          Alex